Do you do it your self?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:Its easier when like me you have a oil relocation KIT W/OIL COOLER

:locked:

I change my own oil. Takes about 15 minutes.

Not too hard. Jiffy lube sucks! Well all quick oil change places suck. I only let a shop to change my oil when I need to get major work done to my car.

Do everything myself unless I honestly die trying to get something to fit or work, then I get others to help and the last resort is a aftermarket shop.

I change my own in the crx, but on the truck the dealer does them. I got free oil changes for the life of the warranty.

about 90% of the people who work at these places are highschool drop outs. the place in my town had to replace 2 engines of just people i know just because they have braindead crackheads working there. and if you dont know how to change your oil you shouldnt be driving.

my aunt took her car to wal-mart one time and they either had a bad filter or put it on wrong(but i don't know how you could). And we drove about 300 miles and the oil pressure light came on. so we pulled over, had to get towed and wasted an hour and a half. A dealer ship changed it again and we were fine, but that wal-mart has got some dumbasses though. My aunt got 100 bucks for her trouble and i got the wrench the dumbass left under the hood.

EDIT: Page 2 :owned:

I always do any work to my vehicles that I can do myself. I have heard too many horror stories about peoples filters and drain plugs falling off after oil changes.

Peace*

At the shop where I work, they have oil on one of those air powered pumpers. Slick as fuck. I pull the plug, change the filter, install the plug, turn the dial, and I'm :imgone:

It rocks.

I take mine to my dad's shop. I get charged 13 bucks. Guess how much 5 quarts and a filter is? Yeah. 13 bucks. I don't get dirty and I know it's done right.

I do it myself ever since a year ago, I had a place put a quart too much.

As for how much oil, on my d16z6, it takes 3.1 qts (it said it right on the OEM air box)

Shit man, i do my own oil changes. For the price of syntetic mobil 1, its way cheaper if i do it myself. U kno how much it cost to get a full syn. oil change from the shop? dood..i wouldnt even trust if they do use the freaking syn. oil but charge u for it. The way i change my oil, 15 mins at the most and if ur worried about jack stands ....invest the 20 bucks that it cost and you'll make it back from the money u save doing ur own oil changes. Plus, dont ditch ur oil down the drain please, take it to advance or autozone. They recycle it free of charge.

Back