Do you do your own swaps?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 by myself... 5 w/ my dad's help... 1 if it's electrical

I am like a 4.5. I have rebuilt an entire lawnmower engine (minus the carb) and put it back togther in under an hour. I have only rebuilt one engine, but that was in my shop class on a 3.0 liter tarus engine. Since the thing was a POS to begin with, and it would never see a car again, I didn't really do the best of job. Missing a few bolts at the end, nothing trqed to spec, didn't care. If it was an engine that I really cared about, I think that I could do it.

5. I have my own shop (most of you have seen) and i also work full time at a body shop as well and do all my own mechanical repairs is there anyone else who does all body/paint work and mechanical?

Originally posted by driver1@Mar 9 2004, 07:00 PM
5. I have my own shop (most of you have seen) and i also work full time at a body shop as well and do all my own mechanical repairs is there anyone else who does all body/paint work and mechanical?

im jealous. your own shop plus you can do body/paint work. :worthy: hats off to ya.
ive often contemplated getting into body work just so i can do it all too but... now im doing construction work and later this year joining an apprenticeship to be a commercial glazer, puttin windows in skyscrapers 40+ stories up in the wind :(
and im afraid of heights! :ph34r:

Originally posted by HellBentHONDA+Mar 9 2004, 11:12 PM-->
@Mar 9 2004, 07:00 PM

im jealous. your own shop plus you can do body/paint work. :worthy: hats off to ya.
ive often contemplated getting into body work just so i can do it all too but... now im doing construction work and later this year joining an apprenticeship to be a commercial glazer, puttin windows in skyscrapers 40+ stories up in the wind :(
and im afraid of heights! :ph34r:

I do everything but interior. I've replaced the stock seat covers before, and swapped my whole interior, but that doesn't mean I could design a new interior in leather and sew it together......
Body kits, done it
Paint, done it
Rebuild Engines, done it
Motor Swaps, easy
Wire Alarm, no prob

I love doing everything myself. If I could only work at an upholstery shop for six months, I'd be set. B)

I may be young but I know some stuff... :D ... A Big 3... No 4 because of lack of resources(tools and money)...But I think I can do it. Always think positive not negative. B)

tab- i miss your pink can and your carmelly carbonated cola taste. please come back. lol nobody prolly knows what im talkin bout.

anyway i think that most guys want to be able to do it all. thats why im in makin the career change. hats off to u2 tab :worthy:

..and hondamidnighter what you need is a motor to tear down and learn with. got one for sale here for ya..

ha i have most of you beat i can sew with the aid of a trusty grand mother to keep me sewing straight i have recoved my stock hb seat in a nice two tone blue and black vinyl.

Originally posted by HellBentHONDA@Mar 10 2004, 01:16 AM
tab- i miss your pink can and your carmelly carbonated cola taste. please come back. lol nobody prolly knows what im talkin bout.

anyway i think that most guys want to be able to do it all. thats why im in makin the career change. hats off to u2 tab :worthy:

..and hondamidnighter what you need is a motor to tear down and learn with. got one for sale here for ya..

I'm gettin older, I remember the fucking can :lol:

TAB is the three initials to my name. Enter and Backspace would have been good names also :shrug2:

I like to have someone else do the timing belt, balancer belt and WP. If the harness needs to be modified i have mr mechanic do it with a warrenty :D and he connects it then i put the motor in. Ive already had some bad expiernces, im playin it safe now.

Originally posted by tab+Mar 10 2004, 02:33 AM-->
HellBentHONDA
@Mar 10 2004, 01:16 AM

I'm gettin older, I remember the fucking can :lol:

TAB is the three initials to my name. Enter and Backspace would have been good names also :shrug2:

The VP of the company I work for comes in to work with a case of Tab every week.. I have no idea where she gets it from.

Last edited:
Have to say I'm a pretty solid 2, but hopefully when ive made my way through the auto tech program at my local comminty college ill be about 4

^Yay for bumping a four year old post!! (^.^)/

Edit: Jinx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back