do you have to swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic-93

I feel stupid asking this question, but i have a 93 civic CX....and i was wondering if i should swap the engine for a B16a or keep the engine in it and put a few mods, i'm looking for 150-175hp and i would like to know if it is possible to get that much power from the stock engine with some mods or would it just be less money to get the B16a with less mods (and it would probley be more reliable)....feedback is greatly appreciated

You must follow your heart, young padiwan....

You can get 150-175 from either motor, although it would be alot easier with a b-16.. Depending on the b-16 you get, it may already have that kind of power.

I would go with the B because of the potential and aftermarket parts available.. Not that there are no parts available to the D series, its just that there are more available to the B...

fuck it. save up, swap a k series into that bitch. or at least an H series.

but yes, the B series is a badass candidate. also considering boosting the shit out of you D.

Boosting the D would be a good way to go like Brian stated. You could hit 150 with a home made boost setup pretty easily I would think. It would cost you all that much if you shopped around too.

Originally posted by Drake@Aug 23 2005, 05:14 PM
Boosting the D would be a good way to go like Brian stated. You could hit 150 with a home made boost setup pretty easily I would think. It would cost you all that much if you shopped around too.
[post=544172]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: if i were you id turbo that d.alota room to work with.

the EG cx had the D15B8 engine which came with 70hp and 91 ft/lbs from the factory. Swapping would be the best bang for your buck. Your could turbo your current engine, but you are forcing air into an engine that doesn't really know how to breath.

You could find the top end off an engine out of a DX and put that on there, at leat then you would have 16 valves.

yeah good idea, the cx is practically the HF of obd1. Read the article about building a HF all motor monster, follow what is said but for your obd(92-95 civics). plus then you get vtec, not thast diffficult to wire. you could potentially turbo down the road, but you would have a high compression engine so you would have to take that into account.

Originally posted by Blanco@Aug 23 2005, 10:26 PM
Here's another idea. Put a D16Z6 head and intake manifold on it and then turbo it. That'll be cheaper than swapping a B-Series and you'll already be near the 130bhp mark before you turbo. You'll also want to get a transmission from an Si.
[post=544273]Quoted post[/post]​

would this be easyer then the b16A2 swap?? (hopefully not a stupid question)

Yes it would be easier, and you could get a d16z6 (engine from a 92-95 Si) for ~$200. An EX/Si tranny would cost you MAYBE 200 more, whereas the B16 would put you around 1500 to 2000 for the swap.

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@Aug 24 2005, 02:50 AM
i say go with a B....you'll never regret it in the long run.....
[post=544393]Quoted post[/post]​

If your horsepower goals are only around 200 then there is no reason to pay the extra expense of a B series. I say do the SI head swap, change the tranny, ecu and distributor and stuff, then you can build the engine from there even N/A you could reach your goal pretty easily.

Nice thing about D series is they are cheaper than Bs. Cheaper to buy and cheaper to build. Downside is only the intake has a vtec cam lobe, so the difference isn't quite as noticable. But if you buy an aftermarket cam, which is essential for building HP, you spend half as much cause you only need one.

Originally posted by Blanco@Aug 24 2005, 01:46 AM
:werd:

And depending on where you live, I happen to have a spare Z6 head and mostly complete intake manifold.
[post=544392]Quoted post[/post]​

You could even buy my intake manifold if you wanted too! :wink:

i was thinking about getting a parts car 92-95 civic EX/SI does it matter what model i get and is it a wise choice...............oh and thanks for the ideas

oh, and by the this is Hondaswap so yes you have to swap

j/p!!!!??!?!??!

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Aug 23 2005, 06:08 PM
the EG cx had the D15B8 engine which came with 70hp and 91 ft/lbs from the factory. Swapping would be the best bang for your buck. Your could turbo your current engine, but you are forcing air into an engine that doesn't really know how to breath.

You could find the top end off an engine out of a DX and put that on there, at leat then you would have 16 valves.
[post=544198]Quoted post[/post]​

dosn't it already have 16 valves?...its says right on the head

Originally posted by civic+93,Aug 27 2005, 10:30 PM-->
jimboburgess
@Aug 23 2005, 06:08 PM

[post=546202]Quoted post[/post]​

What? on the valve cover? You sure there already isn't a B series swapped in there? lol

Originally posted by 2000Si+Aug 28 2005, 02:19 AM-->
Originally posted by civic@93,Aug 27 2005, 10:30 PM
jimboburgess
@Aug 23 2005, 06:08 PM

[post=546202]Quoted post[/post]​

What? on the valve cover? You sure there already isn't a B series swapped in there? lol
[post=546247]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahah i wish... its not a b-seris cause it dosn't have doch VTEC on the head..but it says "honda motor company, 16 valve" theres no swap that i know of and i have all the paper work for the car?? :blink: :blink:

Back