do you like NA or FI

which one and why

• forced induct

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by turbo4dr@Oct 23 2003, 09:49 PM
To get as much horsepower as a turbo car out of a naturally aspirated car you have to do a lot more thing witch in turn makes the N/A car very unreliable even more so than a turbo car

helloooooo a NA car trying to reach the amount of gains a turbo car can get is HIGHLY UNLIKELY

it will cost more than twice the amount it will cost for, say, a B motor to reach 300whp than a na b motor. this arguement is rediculous. turbo will get you more usuable power cheaper than an na motor. with na motors you gotta rev the FUCK out of them to see top hp. with a turbo motor you dont gotta rev it so high. nothing makes more tq than a turbo. no one or five mods to a na motor will make as much tq as a turbo will. this is getting dumb.

Turbo...if I had the money you guys are willing to drop into a N/A car....I would buy something other than a 4banger!!! jesh.....Someone on here said it best...."HONDAS ARE SLOW" and yes they are, more money you got, faster it goes....simple fact....and turbos do sound a hell of a lot cooler than a N/A. I really like the new STI, those sound soooo bad ass....almost bark they are grawling so much.

My WRX comes with 227 horses to the flywheel out of the box.

I just spent $1000 on some upgrades which will give me 55-60 horses to the flywheel when my lazy ass gets around to installing them. I challenge anyone here to spend $1000 on an n/a 4-banger and come up with 55-60 horses to the flywheel.

Boost is the ONLY way to go. :D

ok... for what ever it's woth it... i love NA. but for the hp numbers i want to see on the ground i can't afford it, so i'm going FI...
I just think it's just our personal preferences, not reliable or unreliable, thats bs. As long as it's done properly it's reliable and most importantly, as long as you love your ride it doesn't really matters if everyone else says it sucks because it's NA or FI... It's Honda and yes, it's mine. :)

find me 1 600+ whp all motor honda that is daily driven... hell, driven at all besides on a drag stips (ie, trailed).

off the top of my head, i can name a dozen bosoted hondas with 600-ish whp and are daily driven, or weekend warriors

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 23 2003, 11:42 PM
N/A is better because I don't like the idea of making any real power as with having such a high CR that I need to run race fuel in order to make not blow up nothing like putting down SICK SICK power lets say 250WHP out of a N/A 1.8 now if I want to gain another 20hp Im looking at spending a few more grand in order to gain the extra power

Turbo sucks becuase you can put out over 400WHP on the street using pump gas with the stock cams and if you want to gain another 50WHP just add fuel, tuning, and boost

friggin eh why do pussys keep using turbos? when will they learn its cheating
also theres no bragging rights either

when you are N/A you can brag to everyone about how you hit low 13s who gives a damn if a turbo car can break into the 11s if not 10s when tuned right.... its all about the N/A bragging rights 13s with all motor means respect!

(this is not ment to be in any way a flame to JD for my low 13 sec comment Im just tried of hearing about other people bragging about how much respect they will get when they are able to run 13s much more then any 11 sec turbo car....)

maybe you should look at your sig it says that you like boost, but you also said you don't like turbos. The last time i checked a turbo produced BBBOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by haccord141@Oct 24 2003, 07:36 AM
maybe you should look at your sig it says that you like boost, but you also said you don't like turbos. The last time i checked a turbo produced BBBOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

:sigh:

I think his sarcasm was lost on you and quite a few other people. READ his post.

Anyway, I think the people who prefer n/a over boost have never ridden in a boosted car. I loved n/a until I rode in my buddy's modded WRX. I never looked back. :D

N/A is better because I don't like the idea of making any real power as with having such a high CR that I need to run race fuel in order to make not blow up nothing like putting down SICK SICK power lets say 250WHP out of a N/A 1.8 now if I want to gain another 20hp Im looking at spending a few more grand in order to gain the extra power

Turbo sucks becuase you can put out over 400WHP on the street using pump gas with the stock cams and if you want to gain another 50WHP just add fuel, tuning, and boost

when you are N/A you can brag to everyone about how you hit low 13s who gives a damn if a turbo car can break into the 11s if not 10s when tuned right.... its all about the N/A bragging rights 13s with all motor means respect!

(this is not ment to be in any way a flame to JD for my low 13 sec comment Im just tried of hearing about other people bragging about how much respect they will get when they are able to run 13s much more then any 11 sec turbo car....)

I just want to say while you are in your NA 13 second civic and when a guy in his 11 second boosted civic smokes your ass, don't say he is cheating, because he went the most economically effiecient way. I don't care if I had a turbo'd car and was running 11's, does it really matter how you chose to build the engine when you are running 11's? I hope not.

I like both NA and FI... it all depends on the car and your goals.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 23 2003, 09:42 PM

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

The above post was written with sarcastic intent. This means he was NOT serious. It was a JOKE.

:bash:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Oct 24 2003, 10:48 AM-->
@Oct 23 2003, 09:42 PM

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

The above post was written with sarcastic intent. This means he was NOT serious. It was a JOKE.

:bash:

I think we figured that out, that or he's just an idiot. :roll: :p

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97@Oct 24 2003, 09:59 AM
I think we figured that out, that or he's just an idiot. :roll: :p

No, actually, if you read the last page or two, several people have still not gotten it.

Back