Dodge Challenger Spy Pics!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
The article is a week old, but I searched and didn't find anything on the site, so here goes:

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629

challenger_rear.jpg

challenger_drawing.jpg

Concept car... but I like. :)

Read the article:

Built on a shortened Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger chassis (116-inch wheelbase vs. 120 inches), the Challenger gets a 6.1-liter Hemi hooked to a six-speed manual transmission with a pistol grip shifter.

This car will be totally awesome - the coup de grâce of the automotive industry. Their final swan song before disappearing into familiarity and common routine. This is 1970 all over again.

The Mustang, the Charger, the Challenger... what next, a Javelin ? This time it will kill cars as you know them. 10 years, they will be driving appliances.

It means, pretty much, that we are all out of ideas.

Concept cars seem to go one of two directions: bulbous, futuristic greenhouses dripping with luxury horseshit or these ultra V8 (Or more) powered rich-toys.

Yeah, there are trends, sure. But these trends aren't moving us in the proper direction. Once again I reiterate: The automotive industry began dying in 1989. It finally died in 1994 with the release of the 4th gen Supra. Cars in the 80s were so much more inspired, and had real substance to them. The Prius, it would seem, is the wave of the future.

Ever drive a Prius ? It's not like driving a car at all.

lets bring back the marlin!!! lol, i dont like it, but i dont like old cars. anything pre 90's i dont really care for.. dont get me wrong, muscle cars were fast and could be made faster, but i just like new shit... even tho this is new.. weird..

lose the 20's

I think its dead sexy. Not exactly what we need right now, but whatever. I'll take that over another neon reincarnate or a new quad turbo 6 cab diesel pickup.

:drool: the ft end looks really good and the body looks really close to the orginal one. I like it,

Back