Dodge Vipers Ordered to Be Crushed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A local school is going thru this now. Heard about this earlier in the week. Grapevine said it was a brand new one tho, so I figured it was BS. Knowing its some first gen ones makes a little more sense.

When building our insurance programs for auto dealers (and motorcycle, ATV, boat, etc) that is one of the questions we ask. "Do you give and/or loan any vehicles to schools or other institutions?" It's for those liability purposes.

They're just Vipers...

not JUST a viper. one of the most respected cars in US history. ever driven one, or ridden in one? it's a factory BEAST and it's fucking brutal. guaranteed to make econocar owners shit their pants every ride like the car was designed for it. it WAS designed for it. vipers in motorsport have run and won countless trophies.

nothing supercar about it except lambo helped with the motor. the car has next to no features. it's pure "hold on and get your ass kicked" fun. and it isnt a cunt to maintain.

I was all "who cares" at first upon reading this, but if I was more awake I probably would have made the same argument Chris just made.

So dumb. A simple solution would be to sell them outright. Have applicants go through a strict application process. Do you know how many car collectors buy them and let them sit? I'm sure you could find 93 responsible owners. Or just remove an essential part that is not compatible with later models. No start, no go.

The contracted signed by both parties are what is preventing them from being donated or sold it seems. The one in Puget Sound has a drop in hard top which was not introduced to the production vehicles until some time later.

They are not streetable cars.
no emissions equipment and pre-production that aren't vinn'ed or crash tested.

Those that got on the street should have the owners arrested/etc for violating the terms of getting a loaner vehicle for R&D and vin fraud, etc for however they made it happen much like what happened with all the skylines.

People like this ruin it for the schools. Now, kids can't learn about them in school and.

They are not streetable cars.
no emissions equipment and pre-production that aren't vinn'ed or crash tested.

Those that got on the street should have the owners arrested/etc for violating the terms of getting a loaner vehicle for R&D and vin fraud, etc for however they made it happen much like what happened with all the skylines.

People like this ruin it for the schools. Now, kids can't learn about them in school and.
Have to imagine there is a kit car loophole.

Still, if you're wyo/itt/etc tech, and get a viper, it's a dick move to try to register it and drive it or sell it for anything other than learning/tooling training purposes.

the bad apples fuck it up for the rest of the world all the time.

Or at least make a Dodge Viper spec racing series? VIN's are not needed in racing..

technically, these aren't 'production' cars at all, so it can't be a spec...

Fact is, these cars should be in the school parking lot, and that's about it.

I doubt they're death traps. They were just never meant to be street driven cars, so the requirements to allow that were not fufilled.

This is heart wrenching. At least they are making Vipers again.

On a side note, Im taking Pharmacy Law and the way people can fuck you is just plain stupid. For example, a lady stuck a suppository in her asshole without unwrapping it. It caused her harm and the pharmacist didn't tell her you had to unwrap it. She won.

I dont get it. Non VIN cars never come back on the owners for accidents. I mean, like the new COPOs and Cobra Jets for example, at the race track if someone dies in an accident or as the result of an accident, its not Chevy or Ford's liability. Its usually the venue that settles the lawsuit. So, if some dumb ass kids wreck these Vipers, why isnt it the school or cities problem? Or even the county?

Back