Dodge Vipers Ordered to Be Crushed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

As it is its very expensive to do business in the US, the law suits just make everything more expensive. As I am writing this an ambulance chaser lawyers commercial just came on. I heard one of these ambulance chaser talking how its unethical not to sue every possible party that could be responsible.

There should be more than a monetary penalty for bringing pointless lawsuits to court.

So we are all on the same page here, with all my Hondaswap legal team, you all understand that if you slip and fall on a person's property - their general liability policy covers the claim, if you were to file one, correct? You would still be found liable if that person was wearing too high of heels, slipped on ice, was too drunk, or if they broke into your property and drowned in your pool.

There is something called absolute liability. You do not have to be negligent to be found liable. Two entirely different concepts.

To answer whoever asked the question about aren't these other parties liable? The answer is maybe. Depending on the circumstances and case law in your state, they may be liable.

It's a different answer to a question that was not asked but yes, those other parties will be sued as well. Any lawyer worth half a shit is going to file a suit against the factory, the school, and whoever else they can name in a lawsuit. If the school is privately held, the owners of the school will also be named in the lawsuit. The goal is to pull money from all of then personally or more realistically through their insurance policies.

I am dealing with a claim right now where someone dropped their car off for service, signed a loaner car agreement that their insurance would be primary and that they wouldn't text and drive or be inebriated. Guy went to the bar, got drunk, hit and killed an off duty police officer. We reserved the claim at $500k - thinking we may be on the hook for up to $500k because NJ typically makes insurance companies share the claim on a pro rata basis. It's now three years later and the criminal trial isn't complete yet. Until that is completed, we can't dispose the person and motion for a summary judgement. Meanwhile it has cost this auto dealer tens of thousands of dollars in increased insurance premiums for the last three years. (Premiums are partially calculated based off of paid and reserved losses).

Last edited:
got love how f-ed up our legal system is. I try to steer clear of lead paint jobs, I want to avoid the hassles or potential law suit. My insurance won't cover it either.

Let be fair. The shitty legal system is just a drop in the bucket of shitty systems in the US. Sheep and pussies are making this country better every day.

I thought spec also defined 'production vehicle' as part of it.... and since these weren't production vehicles....

I thought spec also defined 'production vehicle' as part of it.... and since these weren't production vehicles....
F1 would be considered spec if they were all built by McLaren.

I looked up some info from spec Miata, and it says:
11. Engine
11.1. General
11.1.1. All engines, components, and parts must have been offered for sale in a Mazda Miata,
sold by a dealer in the United States of America unless otherwise specified in these
rules.

technically, these vipers were never sold by a dealer, and therefore, would not meet that requirement, no?

There's nothing I can see in there about chassis though

Well, there is no spec viper, so I went for one of the more popular ones, Miata. The spec ford is not based on a production vehicle, rather a tube frame chassis, so I'm not sure that it correlates.

When we talk about a "spec" racing of course it correlates. Spec Miata is of one spec, Spec Ford is of another spec. A spec series is any spec the governing body decides it to be. I was merely suggesting they create a spec series for viper to include these gray market vehicles. Did we come out of the rabbit hole?

Back