does an integra gsr motor or ls motor fit right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tightcivicgirl

Hi i just wanna know does an integra gsr or ls motor fit right into a 97 honda civic with no problems because i'm thinking about putting one of those motors into my car and i would also like to know which motor do you think is better the gsr motor or an lsvtec motor just all the details about which one is better and more effective in an honda civic B) Thanks :D

They'll both fit, you'll need axles and shift linkage...You can use a mix of the mounts from your civic and the motor, you'll have to use the rear bracket and lower front mounts from the B-series, and the upper driver's side and transmission mounts from your civic.

As far as a GSR versus an LS/VTEC, stock for stock I'd go with a GSR. If you're planning on building your shit up, buy a B20 block and do a B20/VTEC. with rods, pistons, cams, etc. IMO there's no point in going LS/VTEC if you're gonna keep all the internals stock.

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 10 2005, 11:47 PM
They'll both fit, you'll need axles and shift linkage...You can use a mix of the mounts from your civic and the motor, you'll have to use the rear bracket and lower front mounts from the B-series, and the upper driver's side and transmission mounts from your civic.

As far as a GSR versus an LS/VTEC, stock for stock I'd go with a GSR. If you're planning on building your shit up, buy a B20 block and do a B20/VTEC. with rods, pistons, cams, etc. IMO there's no point in going LS/VTEC if you're gonna keep all the internals stock.
[post=443972]Quoted post[/post]​

What do you mean by keeping the internals stock and is there alot of stuff to change to do either one of those swaps

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 10 2005, 11:47 PM

[post=443972]Quoted post[/post]​

one more question what about the h22 motor from the prelude will that fit also and what will i have to do to make that swap

What do you mean by keeping the internals stock and is there alot of stuff to change to do either one of those swaps

I'm talking about pistons/rods/cams/etc. You can build an LS/VTEC and keep the stock pistons, stock cams, etc. but you won't get much more power than you would out of a GSR. If you're planning on shelling out several grand for pistons, cams, rods, injectors, fuel management, etc. then I'd definitely go for LS/VTEC. If you're planning on swapping a motor and leaving it as-is, I'd go GSR.

~~~

As far as an H22, I wouldn't recommend this as your first-ever swap. Me and my roommate dropped an H22 in his EK hatch, and while it wasn't too incredibly hard, it definitely was no B-series swap. If you DO decide to go the H22 route, your best bet would be to buy a 100% complete changeover from Hmotorsonline.com . They'll give you the right axles, intermediate shaft, and mounts that you'll need. From there, it's just a matter of wiring it up as you would any B-series, except that you've got to wire in a resistor box (which is only like, 5 wires).

Feel free to pm me on here or on aim with any specific questions.

:thumbsup:

Back