Does anyone else HATE 3.5 inch floppy disks?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so in the course of my job i get lots of client files on quickbooks...
the tech knowledgable will email me the files or even create a cd with their backup files

but there are those clients that have fallen a bit behind the times...

they have no internet connection, no cd burner, and no common sense...

these are the people that send me their 3.5 inch drive disks...

for some reason i think these disks hate me...
i would say i get over 50% failure rate...

and my job sucks

My GF works for an antiques newspaper, and receives 5.25 floppies. Don't bitch.

The strangest one she got was a photo copy of a color photo printed from the web. It was loaded with arrows that read "Red here" and "Blue here" and "Darker blue here" all over it

Then she got a CF card with 1 picture on it of a digital photo of a newspaper clipping. The letter included mentioned something about "Your company is ridiculous because you charge so little for an ad, but it cost me $40 to get this clipping to you and I had to borrow a friend's digital camera because you require digital photos"

->Steve

Oh people can be bad.

its been a long ass time since i seen 3.5" floppy. and i cant remember the last time i saw a 5.25". they must have pcs from 1988 if they are still using those.

I have 8" Floppies still.
:blink:

we have a machine upstairs int he attic that'll take 5.25
lol

is it just me? or my computer?
i'm starting to think my drive is fucking them up but i've already changed out the drive...

and the latest batch was the "memorex cool colors" or some bullshit...

i didn't know 3.5 stilled existed.

damn cavemen.

for the price of 20 floppies per person, everyone in your office can have a 128mb usb flash drive shipped to their cube.

My computer doesn't even have a Floppy drive. :blink: I remember the 5.25 ones. My grandma used to have a Commodore 64 and she had different games on them, so I played it all the time.

i still have my tandy 8000 in my closet. its full of bullet holes (dad got a .50 cal rifle a few years ago and we kinda went to town.

yeah, the bitches in my office. all have 3.5 drives. hell, i was trying to load DOS on one of our machines the other day HOPING undelete would work (which it didnt).

Back