does anyone know how to hook-up intake or header... please explain how

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hollywood101288

hollywood101288
does anyone know how to hook-up intake or header... ima bout to buy one but the shop is tryin to charger like 100 bucks a hour! could someone explain how to hook it up

intake is very simple... the header... find someone who can do bolt-ons.. fuck shops..

a header is what 10 bolts? geez...

one of the first mods i did myself WAS a header.

i dont kno the bolts but its for a del sol... how hard was it to install it? and how long did it take... i wanna do it myself so i dont have to pay no one... but i dont kno to much bout hookin anything up tho...

TurboMirage said:
a header is what 10 bolts? geez...

one of the first mods i did myself WAS a header.

Piece of cake. 9 nuts for the exhaust flange, 2 for the connection to the cat, 2-3 more if it's a 2 piece.

You can install a header in your own driveway in under an hour with just a ratchet set and a combo wrench set.

:withstupid:

I did my header bolts with a torque wrench, but yeah, normal ratchets work. Its really really simple.

remember these words.....there is never too much lube.

i was talkin to a friend and he said that its hard cause the eng. could be in the way and i might break somethin....
but if sumone could send me a private message how to do it step by step it would really help.

1. jack up the front of the car.

2. remove down pipe/header bolts

3. remove header/head bolts

4. remove down pipe/cat bolts

5. work in reverse order to install new header

any questions?

Use LIBERAL ammounts of WD-40 (watch Silverchild come in here just because i used the L word),

reikoshea said:
:withstupid:

I did my header bolts with a torque wrench, but yeah, normal ratchets work. Its really really simple.

remember these words.....there is never too much lube.

You shouldn't use a torque wrench to break bolts and nuts loose- putting excessive force on a torque wrench like that screws up its calibration.

I've never needed lube to get an exhaust manifold apart.

hollywood101288 said:
how long does it ussally take..? yall think its ok if i bought a D16 header off of ebay thats like 40$ and its brand new... i supposelly give 10-15 hp

if i had a bag of Doritos and i told you they were made out of gold would you believe me..

ummmm....gaurenteed to make 15 HP with high comp pistons and new cams.....not the header alone.

Back