Does anyone know the difference..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

77461572.TE579ERW.vincemotorboat.gif

Ah haha ahah! Fuckin awesome! Rep'd!

Well, that's what they're called(I was into rocketry back in HS and MS).

It's like square/rectangle.

A rectangle can be square, but a square is not always a rectangle.

A engine is a motor, but not all motors are engines.

Last edited:
Well, that's what they're called(I was into rocketry back in HS and MS).

It's like square/rectangle.

A rectangle can be square, but a square is not always a rectangle.

A engine is a motor, but not all motors are engines.

why are any of you bothering

this hard headed fuck isnt going to listen or accept that he is wrong, and his entire counter argument consists of "nuh uhh!!"
its like trying to rationalize with a fucking 3 year old

this hard headed fuck isnt going to listen or accept that he is wrong, and his entire counter argument consists of "nuh uhh!!"

quote me on one post in this thread that isnt rational or reasonable.

+1

it bugs the f out of me whenever people refer to there b18 or h22 as a "motor".. cuz its not

it really depends on which definition that you use. It's like every language has its different dialects.

from an engineering standpoint, combustion engine would a more appropriate term to use for "most" car engines.

motor is more of a general term.

It's just easier for most people to say motor than engine, or it just takes less electrical connections in the brain to process the word. Don't know, don't care, doesn't bug me that much.

quote me on one post in this thread that isnt rational or reasonable.

here ya go

..between an engine and a motor?
cuz for some reason it bugs the fuck out of me whenever people refer to there b18 or h22 as a "motor".. cuz its not.

for one, cars do have motors in them, but its not the b18 or h22..
for two, they advertise oil as motor oil, but you dont use oil in motors.

a motor is either electric, hydraulic or.. fuck, i forgot the other one.

no.
an engine is an engine.
a motor is a motor.

the two are pretty much interchangeable
by definition:
an internal combustion engine IS a type of motor, as well as an engine by name
an electric motor IS an engine (it converts energy into mechanical force), as well as a motor

i dont care what you think is the correct terminology... you are wrong... feel free to keep arguing your point, but you will still be wrong, just like you have been through this entire thread. you havent listened to any one else, perhaps you will listen to Merriam Webster... 🤷

Are we going to have to bust out some Websters to discuss the correct name for carbonated beverages? IE: Soda vs. Pop

Back