Does anyone know?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dixey21

Hells Hatchback
There is a really freaking cool website Hybrid Honda that I have learned a lot from but where did they go? The latest update was like October of 2002. Are they still around? Did they move someplace? If anyone else knows of this site and knows where they went, could you let me know? Thanks.
Dixey

i looked at that site before i swapped anything and this site seems way more helpful.

ps i see you are form CT there are many people from this site that are from CT keep looking around and look for some good deals in the classifieds

I loved that site, oh well. So yeah, I'm from the wilds of CT and I don't know about you but it seems harder here than anywhere else I've been to find others like me. I say the word Honda and people are like "Who makes that, is it a GM or a chevy or something?". Parts stores for stuff are so far and few between that it's either catalog/internet orders or nothing. That probably also is another main reason for lack of interested people in my neck of the woods. I know this one other kid who has a Teg but he's kinda stuck up. I used to live in VA and while it's mostly redneck country, there were a lot of other import tuners there. CT Forums is ok, I see reckedracing is on there (your dad's not on crack, maybe ludes or something but definately not crack). I think that this site however is going to be more benificial to me in the long run. I'm no Honda/Acura expert but I have had my share of them (3 different civ's, but all EG's), and each had it's own setups (mostly drop in motor swaps and a few nifty parts here and there) but I did all the work myself. I got a friend who owns a garage and he lets me use it pretty much like it was my own. The trade off is is that I do have to work on a lot of stuff for him though, mostly electrical stuff (he sucks at electronics and the like) and mostly on POS's (a lot of domestics from about mid 70's to mid 90's). I do get to do some cool stuff though like help rebuild a '38 Studebaker (cherry). All in all I would say that I have a fair amount of knowledge and am always trying to gain more. So if anyone wants to share some useful info with me, I'm all ears. Just figured I' give ya'll (southern word) a sense of where I'm coming from. So thanks for all the posts and I hope I can help with somebody with a problem they've got someday. PEACE!!
Dixey

Well there is this one with a midget and a donkey and a hooker named Thelma but I think I'll save that one for later!!

I think he's from CA, where they have very strict emissions. This creates interesting issues when you swap etc.

BAR
Usually refers to California’s Bureau of Automotive Repair, long a leader in emissions control standards and specifications.

BAR'ed means he passed and is all legal

reckedracing said:
I think he's from CA, where they have very strict emissions. This creates interesting issues when you swap etc.

BAR'ed means he passed and is all legal

really it means, he took a motor that wasn't an option for that car and swaped it, when applying for a bar, they check everything, and i mean everything!!! once its complet, it all goes through the DMV and inssurance to be done :) California doesn't like some particular swaps, because of the higher performance the bigger motors can give, especially anything JDM.

Japanese Replacement Engines

Used engines imported from Japan can be used as replacement engines as long as the engine being used has been identified as functionally identical to the original engine. Please refer to the engine importers catalogue to determine if a replacement engine is legal for installation in your vehicle.

Engine Changes
Engine changes are legal as long as the following requirements are met to ensure that the change does not increase pollution from the vehicle:

* The engine must be the same year or newer than the vehicle.

* The engine must be from the same type of vehicle (passenger car, light-duty truck, heavy-duty truck, etc.) based on gross vehicle weight.

* If the vehicle is a California certified vehicle then the engine must also be a California certified engine.

* All emissions control equipment must remain on the installed engine.

After an engine change, vehicles must first be inspected by a state referee station. The vehicle will be inspected to ensure that all the equipment required is in place, and vehicle will be emissions tested subject to the specifications of the installed engine.
Source

well, i hope this was helpful.

Back