Does anyone own a 97-98 240sx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hexen

I'm selling my mustang and buying a 97 or 98 240sx.

I've got a few questions...

Before the flames begin, I know this is hondaswap... but everyone knows there are no other forums like these as far as performance goes. And since I've been posting here forever... I'd rather post here than somewhere else.

First... if anyone has done an s14 sr20det swap.. I'd like to talk to them.

Second:
BCNI240SE972.JPG

Where does the intercooler go?

Do you mean.. that picture is a USDM 240...

and the Silvia front end has space for the intercooler?

He means that the picture is JDM and the USDM is a little different

Originally posted by TypeRcivic@Aug 13 2003, 03:19 PM
He means that the picture is JDM and the USDM is a little different

That picture is from KBB.com though... which is a USDM website.

Plus it's left hand drive, you can see the steering wheel.

definately not a usdm front end. :worthy: 155hp rwd. Oh wait, I have the same with more power.

Nope, that is infact a usdm model. What you guys are used to are the rounder lights that came in the std and se model. The one in the picture is the le model and came with the sharper headlights resembling more of the s14 look.

Originally posted by Nopspawn@Aug 13 2003, 05:03 PM
Nope, that is infact a usdm model. What you guys are used to are the rounder lights that came in the std and se model. The one in the picture is the le model and came with the sharper headlights resembling more of the s14 look.

yes, you are correct. My friend has a black one. They very closely resemble the S-14 which makes the car very sweet IMO.

There is a body difference in the SE and LE models?

I know they changd the body from 95-96 slightly to the 97-98 look (shown), but I didn't know they changed just from the base, se or le models.

Originally posted by silver@Aug 13 2003, 05:14 PM
240 + SR20 = 11k? if thats not with all the other engine mods..look harder

I expect to pay about $8500 for the car.
That seems to be about what they go for.. plus I'm pretty specific in what I want.

97-98 Black SE Manual, no exceptions.

The swap will be ~$3000 it seems.

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/ I'm getting sick of seeing SR20DET y0...wtf the ka can be turbo also... There is also a CA18DET, oh wait how bout an RB20det...........I really truely think that RWD and Drifting is the new "rice" now...

Back