Does not fit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Qwikcivic

I have a gsr in my 93 si hatch. Now, I bought an aem cold air intake for the gsr. Which I was told you are supposed to buy the intake for the motor it is going on and not the car. Anyway I just tried to install it and it does not fit! Anyone have this problem or know for a fact that it does not fit. Do I have to modify it or return it? If I have to return it what intake should I use? Thanks

P.S. I had my stock intake on but the pipe is 2.5" and the gsr throttle body's inlet is 2.75".

well i believe you are supposed to buy the intake for the car that the motor is going into but thats just my experience from the past with motor swaps

You'll probably have to adjust it to make it work but if it's possible I'd try finding an adapter which goes from 2.75" to 2.5". That should make things alot easier....

It's the bends in the pipe that don't fit. I would have bought the intake for the car but the diameter for the d16z6 inlet pipe is 2.5" And the gsr is 2.75". I am not sure if the 1/4" Is going to reduce the air flow? So should I just get the intake for my old motor?

If i am not mistake for DC's doesn't the CAI not go through the hole, doesn't it just bend infront of the tranny and then kinks towards the right turn signal??

Milan

U should use your original pipe with that motor, not cuz u have to but it'll also save u a bundle and the headache. Personally I've haven't had problems with the CAI on this swap and yes I've done it before. U mention it had 1/4" difference on the TB and the pipe. They do sell reducing silicone air hoses. That would be your best route, and u shouldn't see drastic difference in air flow.

it's not fitting because the GSR have their battery in the front behind the passenger side headlight and the intake bends to go around it but when you put that same engine in your civic it's different geometry.

you have a few options:
-buy a CAI for a 99-00 Si or Del Sol Vtec and hope it'll fit
-swap out your intake manifold for a ITR one and then you can use your stock CAI as long as you have an adaptor for the 2.5" to 2.75" inlet
-once you swap the intake manifold just buy a CAI for a 99-00 Si or Del Sol Vtec and it's a straight bolt-on
-custom CAI

oh yeah, on the custom CAI thing. if you every want to swap out the stock GSR IntakeManifold for an ITR or Skunk2 IM the custom CAI you paid to have made will not fit anymore because of the different position of the ThrottleBody.

Good luck.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Jul 21 2003, 10:28 AM
it's not fitting because the GSR have their battery in the front behind the passenger side headlight and the intake bends to go around it but when you put that same engine in your civic it's different geometry.

94+ tegs have the battery in the same place as the 92-95 civics. all the abs stuff is behing the passenger headlight. i thought cai's on tegs dont go through the hole behing the light, but instead they dip down and around the unibody?

are you trying to put it through the hole?

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Jul 21 2003, 01:28 PM

thats what she said :lol:

but seriously, with the 92-95 civics just use the intake for the 99-00 civic si. it should fit alright even with throttle body being lower, theres nothing to go around, just a striaght shot to the hole where the intak will go. and even if you go with a skunk2 mani, the same intake should fit too.

I have a skunk2 intake manifold. I tried to put it through the hole and next to the tranny and it does not fit. I think I am just gonna buy the cold air intake for my old si motor so it fits and hope that the silicone fitting that attaches to the throttle body and intake pipe fits on the gsr throttle body. Or, am I going to have the same issue because the si motor's throttle body sit's in a different place? Thanks for the suggestions.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin+Jul 21 2003, 10:28 AM-->
@Jul 21 2003, 10:28 AM

94+ tegs have the battery in the same place as the 92-95 civics. all the abs stuff is behing the passenger headlight. i thought cai's on tegs dont go through the hole behing the light, but instead they dip down and around the unibody?

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

i stand corrected.

Back