Does Suede get ruined?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Alright i bought these shoes saturday. Check them out here. I went to the orioles game tonite to watch the o's whip up on the red soxs. Well the o's were winning 4 -2 in the top of the third when the rain came. So we decided to leave. My shoes were soaked to the bone. I got in my car and dumped the water out of them. I was wondering if anyone knows if suede gets ruined by water. I just dont want these nice shoes i have only worn once to be ruined. I am looking for just an idea what i am gonna wake up to tomorrow. And no i am not ghey i just take pride in how i look. :) TIA for not flaming.

Hey it is cool man i expected some flaming for it but i just didnt know if they are ruined and i am bored and cant sleep so i figured id ask and see if anyone else has encountered my problem or something like it.

They may get a little like, linty... But not ruined. At least mine didn't. But they might fade a little too, I don't know. :shrug2:

Go to a shoe repair/cobbler shop and show them your shoes. They will most likely sell you a brass bristle brush and tell you to fluff out the nap with it.

my suedes get dull when wet... but they don't get ruined per se.

leather on the other hand... if not treated right... will get majorly fucked if wet.

if they got soaked completely, they're probably gonna feel 'stiff' and look 'flat'

:(

Back