Does the ECU have to be chipped to run lsd?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know that there is traction control on the JDM p30s, but that's all I know. My b16 with LSD threw a traction control code (36 i think?) when I was still in the middle of my swap

actually it would depend on what honda you are talking about. the honda prelude sh was equipped with an atts(automatic torque transfer system) which worked similar to an lsd which was controlled by the ecu.

if its a civic/integra like pointed out no.

code 36 from an edm p30 is common... but our cars are not equipped with the setup. LSD's are purely mechnaical gear-based units (well, some use oil and other crap.. but its still mechnical or fluidical??? lol) and the ecu won't know the difference.

I believe the ATTS system was controlled by a separate module in the 5th gen Preludes.

Quoted post[/post]]
I know that there is traction control on the JDM p30s, but that's all I know. My b16 with LSD threw a traction control code (36 i think?) when I was still in the middle of my swap
TCS is in the brake system, as it senses slipping, it pulses the brakes to regain grip (in a nutshell).

Back