1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this look like a good deal?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by gunsnbam, Dec 24, 2007.

1. gunsnbam

gunsnbam New Member

Hey everybody! I'm a new poster but have been reading hondaswap topics about engine building for a very long time and you guys have really helped me out. I started looking for parts to build a lsvtec or b20vtec engine at my local junkyard and on the internet. I have found something that seems to be good on ebay but wanted to ask you guys for your oppion. What do you guys think? btw i am planning on boosting in the future.

eBay Motors: LS/VTEC MOTOR w/ SLEEVED BLOCK & WORKED HEAD (item 150195852533 end time Dec-24-07 15:17:26 PST)

2. MaxxBoost

MaxxBoost New Member

For the money I suppose, considering IF all the work he speaks of is done, it seems like a steal. Since the cams are worn, and this set up seems prime for a killer-all motor beast, i'd cop it, swap out the cams and pistons for a high-compression all motor set up.

That's if I were getting it, deal seems semi-ok..it is E=Bay after all.

3. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

call the machine shop when you get the receipt and verify that the work has been done. if it all comes out ok with the shop, than its a great deal.

4. lsvtec300

lsvtec300 Junior Member

i think that he is asking to much

5. LS_VTEC

why is that? sleeving alone is 1000 bucks. the current high bid right now is $810.00

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  6. philyphreak2127

philyphreak2127 Back in the Game

I would say go for it. Swap the cams, but if you wanna boost it go with lower compression pistons. Then throw a turbo kit on that beast.

7. LS_VTEC

Go NA. All motor is where its at. Turbo is fun and all, but you will constantly want MORE power. Than you start breaking shit. im building an NA ls-vtec mild setup right now. CTR pistons, ITR cams. maybe s2pro2's, unsure. stock bore, shotpeened rods, arp rod bolts, itr oil/water pump. b16a head. will make nice power, and the torque is a beautiful thing. AND can be reliable IF you dont rev it past 8k

8. lsvtec300

lsvtec300 Junior Member

he said that he used factory sleeves and he only has a block guard if u can get it under $1000 thats good

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted