Does this sound good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well i am buying a 92 civic hatch this december :) I am going to swap the motor right away.I am going to go with a B16a2 usdm motor.What do you think about putting in some ITR camshafts,ITR outter valve springs and inner and some CTR pistons?I know it might be a guess but around what power will i put down?And what can i saftly rev to?

If you want to rev higher you must redo your valve springs and retainers, I would suggest some dual valve springs and some titanium retainers. Also I agree with B you should just go with the GSR motor (B18C1), then maybe get some internals for that.

www.importreview.com has some dyno charts of 1.6, 1.8 and larger n/a honda engines.. check it out

but get the gsr... even if you dont put down a ton more HP .. the torque is the big difference.. i've had a 1.6L and a 1.8L and without a doubt the 1.8L is the shit. i ran 4 tenths faster at the drag strip JUST by swapping to a 1.8L block.

Hey thanks for that last post it helped.The thing was i figued with the better internals it would be better for make the long trips from NY to PA this spring :ph34r:

if your going with that build get ctr cams they have better lift and duration

Yeah i was just looking at that,But thank you for any info that is given.

See i was looking at the gsr motor befor.I was just going to put a nos nitrous sytem on it at a 75 shot with all the other supporting mods B)

But now i think i want to stay after from nitrous.I'm still young and dumb and i dont need any tickets on the highway.

So the mild build of the b16 seemed as if it were going to be better for my ''road trips'' :( Any info or help you guys have at all would be great ;)

If you want the power as well as a durable motor i would get the b16b they're a little bit harder to find but there good motors

Yeah and pay an extra grand almost.Thanks anyways... :ufucktard: for calling me a noob ;) J/k call me whatever you want but i think your wrong.I see your point also dont get me wrong

I wasn't talking to you I was talking about the idiot posting before me.
Almost a grand would be somewhere like 800 and up. here you're talking about 700 price difference.

But if you're looking into the b16b, then it is still not worth the five extra horsepower that it has over the gsr swap. the gsr swap is cheaper by 700 bucks and has more torque to boot.

Sorry about that.I think i am going to go with the b16a2 with CTR internals.I am still considering the gsr motor tho.

NY to PA with CTR internals in a B16
Thats a really good idea :thumbsdown:
You do know that your CR is going to be aroun 12.2:1
I hope you know a good tuner cause your daily driver aint gonna last long

Originally posted by THEUSED@Nov 30 2004, 08:36 AM
[post=424056]Quoted post[/post]​

You can last a long time on 12.2:1 compression. It's really not ridiculously high in a street driven Honda engine, even on 91 octane gas.

Originally posted by THEUSED@Nov 30 2004, 09:36 AM

:newbie:

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 30 2004, 08:02 AM-->
@Nov 30 2004, 08:36 AM

You can last a long time on 12.2:1 compression. It's really not ridiculously high in a street driven Honda engine, even on 91 octane gas.
[post=424059]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree with Cal you can run 12:1 compression on a street daily driver just get it tuned properly. I was going to run about 11:3 on a daily driver. There are alot of people running around that same compression on daily drivers, don't believe me ask B16.

Back