DOHC on D16 block....?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I thought it was impossible to put a dual cam head on a D16 block....but I just found one in an Integra. I think the year was 88-91 or so....it's been a few days and I've forgotten to ask about it until now. It's sitting in a junkyard WAAAY out in the back along a fence with another 'Teg that has a V6 under the hood. Someone mentioned that it was 1.8 liter but I just wanna know if it's not possible, then how it this thing in the car?

Could someone clarify for me please while I search for something about this engine. Might be something I want to get cleaned up for use as a backup motor for my '90 hatch.

Thanks!

DOHC on a d16 block, maybe you need to get your eyes checked. And if that is true you should pull it you would be like the only person in the world with that type of motor.

Originally posted by blink1_8_2dude@Jun 26 2003, 07:29 PM
DOHC on a d16 block, maybe you need to get your eyes checked. And if that is true you should pull it you would be like the only person in the world with that type of motor.

Hardly, there is a DOHC D series, as mentioned above D16A1 and the D16Z5 are DOHC D series.

155k on the speedo.....and I even double checked to make sure it was a DOHC... :D

Besides, it said so on the side of the car and I just HAD to check to make sure.

this post makes no sense. u cant put a dohc head on a nondohc bottem end,yes early teg's 89's and lower had dohc D-series so did JDM ZC's. also, there is no 89 or lower integra that had a 1.8L to my knowledge, i think they are all 1.6L's, also i believe they arent a direct bolt into an 88-91 civic, but they do bolt into 86-87 civic's. if ur looking DOHC engine for a 88-91 civic that is D series, ur looking for JDM ZC.

I'm gonna head back to that junkyard tomorrow after work and write down all the numbers and such.....see if it's really possible to put this thing in my car at all. Of course, since I just got the hatch running tonite, and since it's cost me 2k to do it....I really don't think the wife is gonna enjoy me even thinking about this..... :blink:

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Jun 27 2003, 02:13 AM
this post makes no sense.

The response's are even worse.

Ok, there is NOTHING mystical about finding a DOHC D series in a teg, nothing. It isn't a DOHC head on a SOHC block, it is a DOHC motor.

someone lock this b4 the kid puts a d16 from a 89 teg in his civic, b/c that will be the worst thing he could ever do. get a 90-91 integra engine or JDM ZC, put that in, dont play around with the engine ur looking at.

Back