Dohc vtec swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryan79

This is my first time doing this so be patient. I need all the help I can get. Right now I'm trying to acquire a B16 Dohc Vtec for my '95 civic cpe coz I the engine is a gonner. I'm trying to build a daily driver that has some uummpphh!! I know the sohc non-vtec doesn't have it. Well anyway, I'm trying to gather a list of all the parts I'm gonna need with the least amount of $ . First off, am I gonna be able to use the old tranny and ecu? and what else am I gonna need for the whole transplant? Thanks.

holy cow

lol, first, do some searching- OBD 1 civic swaps are well documented in our reference section-

to answer your questions, your old transmission will not work- d series transmissions do not work on b series engines

hypothetically you can use the P28 ecu in your car to run the b16a, providing you have a chip burnt for it to run a b16a

the easiest ECU solution would probably be to buy an OBD I b16a ecu, since the easiest way to run a stock honda motor is usually with the stoc honda ecu

if you have any more questions, try the search feature :)

Back