1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dohc zc bogging issues

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by VampRR, Oct 20, 2010.

1. VampRR

VampRR New Member

Yo wat up hope anyone can help .....ok 90 ef Si ,DOHC ZC.......engine rebuild swap is ok i looked at everything done to do the swap i didnt do it personally but ive had alot of people check it out usually honda experts....The problem......(I had a low temp Thermosat and the car would run fine...but i decided to go stock thermosat...i went with a failsafe and checked before i installed it.. it comes to temp im driving normal 1st 3,200rpm shift up drops to around 2,400 rpm for 2nd and it feels like it chokes like a weight is holding me back....or maybe no fuel?? to much air??? its all stock.. Timing is on dead center marks line up all ok....all the sensors are fine i hope dont know how to check...the only thing wrong that i have with it right now is the VSS cable that goes to cluster to the tranny is bad....if anyone can help please give me advice or questions i really want to get all the power i can from this engine until it dies!!!! pg7 ecu

2. makewheelies304

makewheelies304 New Member

hmmm... im running no thermostat in my zc motor because it kept over heating...but are your plug wires and plugs cool? reason im sayin is i had a issue with my motor bogging out and it was cuz one of the plug wires kept popping off the dizzy

3. Jdmdc5k

Jdmdc5k New Member

I think it's getting to much air

4. murray195

murray195 Member

How many degrees is your dizzy set to? I generally set mine slightly advanced to 16 degrees for better response.

5. EF9_boy

EF9_boy New Member

does your tach go ape shit by any chance, such as jumping around, dropping to zero, etc?

6. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

Friend of mine had same issues with bogging- this fixed it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted