1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dohc zc in 89dx hb????????????

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by dok, Feb 18, 2005.

1. dok

dok Senior Member

ok guys i have a 89 hb that i was thinking of swaping with a dohc zc but i heard that the tranny is dirrent and the stock axles will not work is this true and as far as every thing else it bolts up if i am not mistaken correct me if i am wrong one other thing can i use the stock wire harness i know i have run a few wires or will it be bettewr to use a si harness thank for the help

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

as long as you are not using the ZC transmission, you can use your stock axles - if you are using the ZC transmission, you need ZC intermediate shaft and 90-93 Integra axles - if yours is STD model which had 4 speed transmission and smaller front hubs, you will have to swap front knuckles/hubs for ones from regular DX or SI - everything bolts right in - use the DX harness (can't use Si) and make the necessary DPFI to MPFI wiring changes to it for the injectors, TPS and EACV - you will need to run new wires for the Cylinder Position Sensor which is on the end of the exhaust camshaft - the distributor will plug right into the DX harness

3. dok

dok Senior Member

thank but i am wondering i have a dx and its a 4 speed oh and do you have any idea on were to get the zc intermediate shaft or were can i get on of these axles

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted