1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOHC ZC in a 84' Civic hatch

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by ShingoShoji, Nov 16, 2003.

1. ShingoShoji

ShingoShoji Junior Member

Okay guys I need some help here I just bought an 84' Hatch from some guy for like 200 bucks. I want to swap in a ZC besides the motor, 88' teg distrib and ECU what else do I need to have? Like will the DX tranny work? And I REALLY need some help on the wiring of this job, because the Civic is cauberated. This is usually a good site for info and I hope you guys a give me some help, any what so ever is helpful.
  2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

IMO it's not worth your time and money, I think you shoulda bought an 87+ it would have made things much easier.

I don't know why i posted this, I don't know shit when it comes to carbuerated honda engines.
  3. mep

mep Member

No doubt the 89 teg motor is what you need. It's very similar to a ZC & it will bolt in...common swap for 84-87s. I'm not sure if there's a way to bolt a ZC into your 4th-gen without fabricating some mounts...

mep
  4. shauno

shauno Junior Member

Of course you can bolt the zc into your hatch... only if it's from a Japanese crx 84-87. or the integra first gen motor will fit. you just have to use the civic mounts and get the integra transmission.

Go to redpepperracing.com

they'll fix you up.