DOHC ZC lost power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joenard

Ok my crx has a DOHC ZC swap and a pm6 ecu. Was driving to work today and basically all of a sudden my car was strangely loud and lost a ton of its power. Basically only way to describe the sound is it sounds like a big diesel, most noise coming from engine bay and heard out the intake a lot. code blinking for o2 sensor but its been like that a long time and i never seen an o2 sensor do this...other than that no codes.... The car only revs maybe to 4 then seemingly dies right out, stays loud but doesn't accelerate further....its sluggish to accelerate rite from the get go...seems to rev out ok when its not in gear...i know the car well but i got nothin for this problem... anyone ever see anything like this.

I'm in the same boat man happen to me about a week ago.(CRX Jdm D15B V-tec) on the first run of the day it runs good. after about a hr+ it starts to slow up again, not as bad as before.(guess i didn't fix it) some time on the green light my foot is on the floor and still its going about 20-30 max then when it wants it starts to go faster.

My dizzy fried on me. so I changed the coil and the modulator for now.
And still nothing..have to change my throttle cable but it was working great with the old one so not sure..

From what i was told "check my alternator" Hope someone can help the both of us.

I have a new cat system from the header to the back. I did take off my silencer off b4 this ever started. I just put it back on and drove it.. and its still the same.. let me know if it works out for you joenard. Anyone else want to give it a swing? cuz I'm S0oOoo lost

i have no cat, my exhaust is straight pipe front to back, an over half of it is like not even a month old....good exhaust setup used pretty much the same idea on most of my cars and it worked great...but my exhaust manifold gasket is pretty blown out though theres black all on it an on the block surrounding. i really dont see how that could affect it this drastically.....im thinkin now maybe its tranny related.

Back