1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOHC ZC or B18A

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by ZCpowerdSI, Nov 27, 2009.

1. ZCpowerdSI

ZCpowerdSI New Member

What would be better to get out of the two, overall? what one has more potential stock (turbo wise)? or would they be almost even? i know the b18 makes about 5hp more. my bro wants to know. Thanks

2. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

B18. Little stronger motor, and more torque. And of course, a little more displacement is always nice.

3. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

for a cheap build, probably the zc just because you wouldn't have to change anything, but there is more B series after market support but you would have to change a few things. it really depends on how much you want to spend and what your power goals are. I doubt you plan on building a 500 hp monster but who knows. like I said it really comes down to how much you want to spend

4. m90polk

m90polk Member

the LS all day, i had a zc and aftermarket is horrible for them, they are very few people who make parts for it so the prices are high...it's basically a glorified sohc with like 5 more hp

5. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

yeah the zc is more of something if you just want to slap a small turbo on it, get it tuned and call it a day. you can think of it as a lazy man's ls, it's a DOHC d series

6. ZCpowerdSI

ZCpowerdSI New Member

Yeah i know all about the zc's. im on my second one. haha. just my bro is deciding on what he wants to get. so you guys are going with the B18 i guess? lol

thanks guys

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted