DOHC ZC swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d16a6civichatch

hi i have a 88 hatch and i am puting in a DOHC ZC and everything went well until i started puting on the vacum hoses and found that the hoses to my intake were to small or to big, do i just change all the hose sizes?? some went from my car being biger to on my intake which was smaller hose size???

-thanks for your time

Are you sure they're going to the right place? Just look for a vacuum diagram. I did a few ZC swaps and I never had a problem with the lines. Was the car an automatic before?

no i had a d16a6 in it before the zc and i had the d16 on the mpfi its so bizzare but the whole sizes comeing off the intake are way diff from the ones off of the car

Okay, the main lines are a large black hose that goes to the brake booster and it's on the driver's side of the intake manifold, it's the only nipple coming out of the intake that size. And the rest are a smaller size. If you post some pictures or send them to me at elidschultz_bballer@yahoo.com I can tell you where they go. I've worked on 4 different EF cars and have a crx with the DOHC ZC in it right now so I got this.

ZC vacuum line diagram

zcvacuum-2.jpg

Back