dohc zc swap Q

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mine was OBD0. When I got it, the harness was molested. It took forever to get it to run right. When I finally got it up, though, it dropped an intake valve and put a hole through piston number 2. hwen I did have it runing, it was a great motor, plenty of pwer and torque, compared to that D15b2 I had. They are about as fast as Z6's, bottom end is better than a Z6. I would definatly do another Zc swap, I just found a Z6 for cheaper.

Other ZC hatches I have ridden in were fast as floop...easily a mid 14 second hatch with I/H/E and good suspension

dats good. mines is a 92 obd1.. im having trouble with the idle system on cold start. do you know how to make it right?

Are you throwing any codes? Clean your TB out and check all your vaccum lines. Mine had the same problem, but the dashpot was messed up-I put on a D16A1 TB and it solved the problem. With yours being OBD1, you dont have a dashpot and the TB is different.
You might try a TB from a Z6, or check your IACV and make sure its not restricting your intake airflow on idle. Unplug it and see if it makes a diffrence. Try tapping it with a hammer-it breaks up corrosion from the coolant that circulates through it.

TB= throttle body,duurrrrr lol

Back