dohc zc swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrEFman

i have an dase model 91 civic hatch and im thinkin about doin a dohc zc swap. the car have no motor nothin its just a shell..all i wanna know is what i need to do to complete the swap and how hard is it to do. looked around for it and didnt really find the answers i was lookin for.

is a zc from an si 0bd0 or not.
also i know i have to change it from dpfi-mpfi
other than that i dont know what else to do.

cound i use a si harness for this swap too?

if anyone can help me i would be very thankful.
the car has just been sittin for a couple of months and would really like to get it on the road.

The DOHC ZC can be non-OBD (88-91) or OBD1 (92-95).

For wiring, if you stay non-OBD, I would just convert from DPFI to MPFI. Search "MPFI conversion" and you'll find the information you need. Using the Si harness isn't worth the trouble- adding 4 wires to your existing harness is much easier.

zc

i dont have an wire harness for man ef like i said its just a shell nothin came with it..where could i find a wire harness for the car. so once i get the wire harness everything will bolt in the car. minus the dpfi-mpfi right.

Oh, nothing at all? I would just take whatever harness you can get then. It's easy enough to convert a free DPFI harness to MPFI, or you could spend the extra cash and try to source an MPFI harness. If there's no wiring in the car at all, just take a DPFI harness apart and make yourself a really lean harness with no extra wires in it.

Back