DOHC ZC Wont start anymore...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ssl2k

Alright If anyone has any ideas on this please help me out. I posted this alos on a nother board but i'd like to have your opinions/thoughts also....

Alright here is the deal I have installed my zc and got it going...kinda.

I put it in, and after some minor fixes I started it. Then turned it off, wouldn't start. Came to find out that the ground from the valve cover to frame was shit. So I fix that...it turns over fine...adjusted the dist a bit, and bam it starts. turn it off, wont start. have to mess w/ the dist for a bit then it starts. this happens a few times nad then it works all good.

I lower my car off of the lift, put my tires on(well, i did that before i lowered it, duh) and I change 1 spark plug wire cyl1 wire, which I had changed thinking that was the problme when it was the ground. I get ready to start my car and back it up....it starts hard...but it sounds like a harley...putting and crap. I pull the spark plugs out and they are fouled bad. change plugs, then i clean my old plugs and end up switching plugs around af ew times. keeps fouling them out.

so then I lay the plugs on the valve cover and watch for the sparks. if i had all 4 plugs on, only 2-3 would fire, pull 2 off the other 2 wouldn't fire. this goes round and round, almost random. i switch plugs that dont work on one wire to another and they dont work, put plugs on wires that work and they dont work...they are just acting wierd... any advise? i can't get my car to start without it sounding like a harley and if i open up the throttle on it, it dies. i hope i've been clear about explaining what my car has done, if you have any questions i can try to clairify.

but please someone help...this is my dialy driver and it is sucking to get rides.

--------

I have changed the cap + rotor + added several more grounds. And the car was stalled by the person in there turning it over, it was running idle then he let his foot of the clutch thinking it was out of gear and it stalled. that is when all of the probleems started. ( then we changed the wire without thinkin and all that junk)...

anyone have any ideas?

thanks
nathan

BTW my ECU was sending error code 9 before i fixed the ground, then it started throwing error code 7

nahtan

it prob is the dizzy my friends car was doing the same thing so we changed the dizzy and it ran fine

Back