doing H22A swap on 92 lude...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortbusrebel07

ok i have the motor out of the car, well its hanging in mid air, im using a chain hoist. my question is does the 92 preludes have an electronic E-brake ? because we are trying to push the car backwards so we can lower the engine off the chain hoist onto the ground. but the prelude wont move, and the E-brake is off.
im hella stumped please help !

oh and if this is in the wrong forum please move it to the correct one. thank you.

I'm 99% sure that your E brake is a cable pull type. I could be wrong. Try pushing it forward slightly to break the brakes loose, then push it backward. If you have had the car parked for a while with the brake on then it might have jammed or rusted together slightly.

Rear drums, or disks?

its cable as far as i know...but if the car has sat in one position for a long time with the ebrake on then chances are it is stuck, so your gonna need some alternative to just pushing it with manpower to get it to move

Originally posted by tab@Aug 15 2004, 04:02 PM
I'm 99% sure that your E brake is a cable pull type. I could be wrong. Try pushing it forward slightly to break the brakes loose, then push it backward. If you have had the car parked for a while with the brake on then it might have jammed or rusted together slightly.

Rear drums, or disks?
[post=377156]Quoted post[/post]​

disks. on the rear brakes there is a black wire with a gray stripe that comes off and runs towards the front of the car. thats why i was thinking its electronically controlled. and i cant move it forward the car wont budge.

Originally posted by driver1@Aug 15 2004, 04:06 PM
its cable as far as i know...but if the car has sat in one position for a long time with the ebrake on then chances are it is stuck, so your gonna need some alternative to just pushing it with manpower to get it to move
[post=377159]Quoted post[/post]​

yea we moved it back already by hooking a chain to the tow hook, then the other end to a big f-250 dually, jacked up the rear of the car, then slowly pulled it backwards.

:thumbsup:

Wen I move the front of my car, I jack up underneath the tow hook and roll the car around by hand. I have a big jack on wheels though. I didn't know what you would put the jack under to get the center of the car, so I didn't suggest it.

Back