DOING MY GSR SWAP WHAT ECU PLEASE HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SNEEZIN WRX

i have a 93 civic ex OBD1 and i'm putting a 97' B18c1 OBD2 in it i am using my stock wiring harness..the only thing is that i don't know which ECU i need to use..someone told me i needed to use a OBD1 GSR ECU but when i look at the ECU reference chart on this website it says that from 94 - 01 they all use the P72 so does that mean that all GSR ECU's are the same regardless of OBD and that i can use the one thats coming with my swap??

no, they are not all the same- there are OBD I and OBD II P72 ECU's-

the GSR's that were made for 96 and after obviously had to be OBD II- for your swap you're looking for an OBD I P72 from a 94-95 OBD I gsr

or you could run a chipped P28, but i don't know much about chipped ECU's- E is running that setup though, he could help you if interested

yes im running a chipped P28 ... but the ITR engine doesnt have secondaries to worry about ... im not sure if the P28 can deal with them or not

In order to retain the IAB function, you must have a P72 ECU. If you use the P28, the butterflies will stay still and only let you use the short runners, resulting in a low-end power loss.

get you an obd1 72 ecu it will plug and play.

Originally posted by 2lua@Feb 24 2004, 08:14 PM
get you an obd1 72 ecu it will plug and play.

if you go this way, your going to have to run the wires for the knock sensor though, the Z6 doesnt have a knock sensor, so the P28 isnt looking for it.

Another option, that i am considering for myslef, would be the P28, with a skunk or some other aftermarket intake manifold. no secondaries to worry about that, no knock sensor wires to run, just have to rechip it for redline and fuel delivery.

-Chris

Back