Doing the K-series swap in EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok I found a deal for a k-series motor comes with everthing(everything as in ecu,tranny,longblock and harness) except the axles which i think i dont need I know this my be difficult

there is a lot more to it then just buying the motor. You need the mounts, which are available now. There is a bunch of other things, I know this one doesn't just bolt it.

I was reading k20a.org, and goddamn, those little fuckers make an EG hatch pretty damn fast, 13s outta the box. 12s with minor bolt ons. Theres a guy on there runnin 11's. 10's are very possible with a turbo k20.

Damnit, now I want to do it, but I don't have enouogh money anymore.

After saving for my house. humm i wonder if i can put a motor in my morgage.....lol

I bought a eg and i'm doing some research... thanks for the links...

yea, i should be saving to at least move the fuck out, but I have to finishh a couple of my cars before I move out. At least one, maybe one of these days I can get a loan so I could throw a k swap into one of the hatches, but I doubt I'll ever do it. I'm usually pretty satisfied with a LST or even just an LS swap civic.

i would love to see a k24 with a K type r head attached to a garret gt series turbo...i bet it wouldl hit low 11s....k series just a little too expensive right now

www.hybrid-racing.com

they deal mainly with k sereies swaps.

o, and also when thinking about swaping, you would need a shift linkage from an rsx-s(for the k20a2 swap), shift box, and many other things to make it work

Originally posted by evo8@Jan 7 2005, 02:26 PM
www.hybrid-racing.com

they deal mainly with k sereies swaps.

o, and also when thinking about swaping, you would need a shift linkage from an rsx-s(for the k20a2 swap), shift box, and many other things to make it work
[post=442598]Quoted post[/post]​

A basic list of what's needed:

Motor
Trans
ECU
Mounts
Harness
Axles
Fuel system components
RSX-S Shift linkage and box

Then there are the things you don't think of that bite you in the a$$ during the swap. I'm about a month or so out from this part of my build up, I'll post on here how it goes.

Steve

Back