Domino's order of the evening; alternate title: what is Wil working on now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Remember the Lexus I bought for $500? I sold it for $1900.

Got a new project now.

Code name: Panzer.

25jl1q9.jpg

10o19xc.jpg

edit: whoop....Freudian slip

totally worked.

Question: What gets 40mpg, goes 'whhhhaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA-pshhhHHHHHHH', and runs 11's?

Diesel.

why x out your last name 90% of us know it, and it's where women should spend all their time.

And done poorly anyway. I didn't know it until this thread was up. I could probably get the phone number after a few random tries too.

I picked this gem up for less than 2 grand. A lot less - I won't say how much.

2nd owner, old-ass Asian guy. Had all the maintenance records, the original owner's packet (owner's manual, maintenance log, dealer map, etc...even the Mercedes dog-tag - which, if you're buff on MB history, you'll know what that is). The interior is 6 out of 10; which, for a 25 year old car, is immaculate. All the windows work, has the original stereo, etc...leaks a little oil, but runs like a top.

I'm going to 'restore' the interior/exterior - keep it completely stock. Stock wheels, stock paint, stock interior - I'm even going to retain the stock head unit.

Under the hood, I'm going to do something nuts. My shop has a reputation for doing off-the-wall shit, even with exotics, so I'm going to keep along those lines. Stock motor, for the most part. Big ol' pistons, even bigger turbo...maybe some propane. As much as I can squeeze out of the poor old inline-5. My racebike is shitting out 85hp from a 20-year-old 60* Honda V-twin that made 30hp originally - why can't I do that with a MB Diesel?

Stay tuned.

just a 6 pack and at $40 tip.....

damn...

When I was delivering in Daytona Beach.... that would be another thread......

Back