Donation Thread in memory of Bob (Xaero3953)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sent...
I hope we don't have to see another one of these threads soon :cry:
RIP Bob

LAST CALL FOR DONATIONS

I will be submitting the cash to the above website at the end of the day today..... 6pm ish EST.

If you still want to make a donation, please do so before the end of business today.

Thanks

i submitted it this morning

there was only one more made after the last post for 457 and change grand total.

i gotta get ready to go to claytons... i'll post more info later tronight...

this just goes to show how much people in America do care. i bet majority of the people here have never met Bob in person, but he was a part of our little community and that was enough. We came together in support of one of our own. now if it was only this easy to come together as a country. anywayz, don't want to get too much on the sappy side. enough has been said.

R.I.P. Bob
aka
Xaero3953

Just wanted to tell everyone thank you sooo incredibly much! When I told Bob's family about the donation they were so happy to hear that and to tell you thank you and let you know thats what Bob would've wanted!

Thats great to hear :)

Thanks for letting us know :thumbsup:

I just realized i never posted back in here.....

Thank You
Thank you for donating to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. An email acknowledgment of your donation will be sent to you shortly. The email can be printed and used as your donation receipt.

Your donation id is 238767

$475 was the total i sent. i rounded up a little to submit a nice even number.

In Memory of Robert Kelley. RIP Bro. Hopefully, our small donation can make headway into research so others don't have to go through the things you did.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you for your
generous gift of $475.00 on Mar 5, 2006. We deeply appreciate your
support of our mission. Caring individuals like you help us continue
our relentless efforts to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease
and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their
families.

Many new research advances funded by the Society are bringing us
closer to finding cures for blood cancers. Since its founding in 1949,
the Society has invested more than $424 million in research specifically
targeting leukemia,lymphoma and myeloma. We expect
additional, major innovations in the very near future, and we are
constantly mindful of the critical role played by our generous
donors, without whom these important developments would not be
possible.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is a family of volunteers, researchers
and staff, dedicated to advancing a common mission. Thank you again for
your valued support as we advance toward our ultimate goal of finding
cures.

Sincerely,
Dwayne Howell
President and CEO

i just got a thank you email from one of the staffers...
--------------------------

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, please accept our sincere thanks for the very generous gift of $475 made on March 7, 2006 in memory of Robert Kelley. We sympathize with your loss and offer our deepest condolences.

This contribution, made in Robert's name, makes a real difference in the fight against leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, as well as in our efforts to improve the lives of both patients and their families.

Because of the generosity of our donors, major advances toward cures for blood cancers are being made. Since 1949, we have invested over $424 million in research because we believe leukemia research findings are a key to finding cures for all cancers. In addition to our research programs, we offer support groups, financial aid, information and advocacy programs for patients and their families. We ask that you also remember the Society if your employer offers a matching gift program. With a matching gift, you can have twice the impact on the progress toward cures. If you have any questions, please call the Connecticut Chapter at (203) 379-0445 or our national headquarters at (888) 773-9958. You may also follow our breaking news on our award-winning Web site at www.lls.org.

Thank you again for joining us in our lifesaving efforts. Your support of our mission is deeply appreciated.

Sincerely,

Richard J. Geswell

Executive Vice President

Last edited by a moderator:
That was unexpected. Our donation not only got a canned response, but a real response. Thanks for that, Brian

:thumbsup:

thanks to all of you for participating in the donation drive.

Back