Done with swap....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95sir

To all that has given me a few words of wisdom thank you.........
I am done with my swap finally.... It is a 95 civic lx with a b16a SIR II MT .... it was pretty straight foward with the exception of a couple things. I had some issues with the wiring i.e. vtec and knock sensor.....( I STILL CANT CLEAR THE O2 SENSOR CEL). and my exhaust is sitting a little to high and rubs on the bottom of the shifter..... a few other minor things but not bad.

I still do have a few questions.
1. what rpm range should my vtec kick in? i've heard 5200 and 5800...
2. it feels like it is lacking power( is it from the cel)?
3. how can i tell if my car is running lean without a/f guage( have one butt dont trust it)
:imgone:

Nice work man.... maybe you wanns post of some pics or your ride with it's new heart?

the motor will run like crap with the light on. its to protect it from idiots from blowing it up when things are wrong.

if the o2 is throwing a code- FIX it. check your wiring. did you have to convert to a 4-wire? if so did you use the right plugs?
was the o2 dropped? it is fragile and could have been damaged. try using a buddy's civic/teg o2 in their non-cel throwing car, and see if its the sensor or not before you go buying a new one

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 31 2003, 11:04 AM
the motor will run like crap with the light on. its to protect it from idiots from blowing it up when things are wrong.

Thanks for the info...... I did buy a new 02 sensor and I had the old one from my old motor(good).....(did not have to convert from 2-4 wire). But it still did not work...... Still throwing codes. It seems to be running good though. but it is lacking power and is blowing smoke..... If I am right since I am throwing the code it is reading the o2 sensor and air/fuel is not right correct? Also that is why I am blowing smoke?(it does smell very rich). I think it is in the wiring somewhere but I cant figure it out...It is driving me nuts....

I will get some pics up soon..

Originally posted by 1995lx@Oct 31 2003, 06:58 AM
did not have to convert from 2-4 wire).

if you didn't convert to 4-wire, there's your problem. the ecu doesn't know what to do with a 1 or 2 wire signal. i forget if the LX is 1 or 4.... check that first.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 31 2003, 05:44 PM-->
@Oct 31 2003, 06:58 AM
did not have to convert from 2-4 wire).

if you didn't convert to 4-wire, there's your problem. the ecu doesn't know what to do with a 1 or 2 wire signal. i forget if the LX is 1 or 4.... check that first.

the lx is a 4 wire o2(so I did not have to do anything but plug it in)....I was just thinking today at work about this is there power going to the o2 sensor? If so I did not check it. Any idea what kind of power I should see

Originally posted by 1995lx@Oct 31 2003, 11:58 AM
If I am right since I am throwing the code it is reading the o2 sensor and air/fuel is not right correct? Also that is why I am blowing smoke?(it does smell very rich).

amI right about this?

Back