Donnie Darko

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

yea i know its nothing new. but i was wondering why no one lists it when people ask about good movies. personally, its one of my favs out of the 120 or so dvd's i have. jsu wondering if you guys have seen it, or just don't like it or what?

BTW that shit sounds sick on surround sound, like when frank talks and when he is hitting the mirror with the knife. also has a kick ass soundtrack

" i think you're the fucking antichrist" :lol:

I'm told that I have to see this movie. And I simply haven't yet. Is it a sci-fi movie ? Or is it a teen angst movie ? Cuz I was thinking Teen angst, which is why I never bothered.

werd. in my top 10 for sure.

gotta watch it 3 or 4 times to fully catch everything.... and theres a LOT left to the imagination... makes you think.

Defenitely up there on my favorites, and I also suggest you watch it mutliple times.

Plus, that bunny suit just freaks me the hell out.

when I first heard of it, I thought it was lame, had no intention of watching it... then I was bored and was like what the hell whatever and watched it with a friend of mine... all i can say is you cant really describe it, but it is deffinatly a piece of work. deff on my top10. anyone like requiem for a dream(sp)?

Originally posted by oompahlumpa@Sep 25 2005, 02:52 AM
when I first heard of it, I thought it was lame, had no intention of watching it... then I was bored and was like what the hell whatever and watched it with a friend of mine... all i can say is you cant really describe it, but it is deffinatly a piece of work. deff on my top10. anyone like requiem for a dream(sp)?
[post=559996]Quoted post[/post]​

yea requiem was good, i sat and looked at the tv for like 10 minutes after watching it though, jsut couldn't figure out what i had jsut watched. that movie seriously has almost no real message to it, but it was awesome

Requim For A Dream is badass. There is a message there too. What I took from it was that people will do some really fucked up stuff to get what they want or think they need. For example: Starve them selves with speed to fit in a dress, exchange sexual favors for dope, lose an arm just to save a vein. I am downloading Donnie Darko right now, better be worth my damn time! If you havnt seen Requim for a Dream I recomend it.

yeah donnie darko is def a good one, very cool and i want one of those bunny suits for holloween :p

i also had no intention of watching it but this girl i was seeing at the time wanted me too cause it was her fav movie so we watched it....

Hm, requiem. A sad depressing, yet inspiring flick. One my top 3 defenitely.

Tyrone lost his freedom, Harry lost his arm, Sarah lost her mind, but Marion lost her soul.

Anyone who liked Requiem should see Spun, Basketball Diaries, Trainspotting, Blow, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, and Drugstore Cowboy. :thumbsup:

requiem was lame IMO.

spun was retarded...
basketball diaries... leo. need i say more?
trainspotting- bad ass.
fear & loathing- bad ass
drugstore cowboy- never ehard of it

spun was wierd, but I liked it. trainspotting... I think I have heard of that one... dont remember if I seen it... fear & loathing is on my top 5, and drugstore cowboy sounds interesting.

Back