Don't blame the spico food

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldEMaltLiQuoR

Spico Food

Turns out it wasn't the Mexican food @ all.

I had Ulcerative Colitis (ulcers in my colon). Probably some of the worst pain I've ever felt. Crippling stomach cramps that make you wanna cry like a girl, followed by bloody diarhea that makes the john look like murder scene. And everytime I had burritos it was like rubbing jalepenos into an open wound.
I was in the hospital for a week. Couldn't eat nothing but soup and jello. That shit knocked me out of work for more than a month. I'm just getting back recently.

The worst part of the whole situation is no drinking. I haven't had a drink (beer or liquor) for the past two months. And the doc says it could go on for as long as six months. :sad:

But I guess it could be worse. My mom's got chrones. That shit sucks.

It's actually a pretty common misconception. The Chile isn't what give your heart burn (chile is very basic, not acidic) it is the grease that usually comes with eating mexican food. Trust me, I live in the only place where you can get really really good mexican anywhere. I haven't found anyone that does chile right outside of the little area around the mexican border where Las Cruces/El Paso are. dohcvtec_accord can vouch for that.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jul 28 2004, 08:21 AM
It's actually a pretty common misconception. The Chile isn't what give your heart burn (chile is very basic, not acidic) it is the grease that usually comes with eating mexican food. Trust me, I live in the only place where you can get really really good mexican anywhere. I haven't found anyone that does chile right outside of the little area around the mexican border where Las Cruces/El Paso are. dohcvtec_accord can vouch for that.
[post=369257]Quoted post[/post]​

There are a few places around here that make decent chile/salsa, but for the most part, the stuff down in southern New Mexico is the best stuff you'll get anywhere in the country.

God I miss killer Mexican food.

Ukcers are painful. I had one 2 years ago, not as bad as your but it still hurt. Drinking a budlight was like drinking a straight double shot of grain. It burned. I gave up drinking pretty much for 3 months except for the week I was in the Bahamas. The thing that sucks is my tolerance went down after the ulcer :angry:

I know some real close to me with Colitis. Sucks. At its worst stages, they would have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes to an hour. About 8 years ago, the finally had a surgury to remove almost the entire large intestines (the disese had spread through out pretty much the whole thing) and pretty much connect the small to the remaing large. Now there life has changed. Now, they live there life pretty much like normal except with addition to alot more Fiber in their diet.

Good luck keeping the diasese at bay.

good luck...hope you can get better :)

whoa that sucks man.. i have my share of ass problems too.. at least it wasnt e. coli right? i just did a research paper on it and the symptoms were very similar. i was gonna suggest it but then you said ulcer because mexican food does tend to use a lot of ground beef.. but good luck man, and METAMUCIL KICKS ASS

Thanks guys. Thing that got me was that I always thought shit like this was limited to older people (late 30's and above). But after I got it I found out mad young kids had that shit. People my age and younger have had it for years. I guess no one's really untoucheable.

Back