don't buy from HOTREX!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wespirl

here's the story:

Bought a turbo from him off honda-tech in april. The post said it had no shatf play etc... After taking over a month to send it I got it and it had shatf play like crazy... both side to side and in and out. This was now May and I left the country till August so the turbo just sat till I got back. Got back in August and was trying to get my motor done before taking the turbo to get rebuilt. Took it to get rebuilt yesterday and the guy told me that the turbo was basically crap... all the bearings and washers inside were scorched like it was run without oil. Wrote Josh and this was his reply:

well the fact ti weas run without oil was nothing i did and nothing i knew about, the turbo worked fine on my car. i wouldnt sell you shit like that. but, its been forever, shit is sold as is, and theres not much i can do.

So... thanx for selling me a piece of SHIT and not wating to do anything about it

a link to the for sale post on h-t maybe?

i would personally never buy from the guy regardless of your post. he's so cocky about his work and goes whoring it all over every honda forum i've seen like it's the best thing to happen to turbo hondas... when in reality, nothing about his work is worth bragging about. even if his work was top notch, i would not buy from somebody with his type of attitude.

So what you're saying is, you bought it, got it in the mail, realized it was crap, and then you waited a couplea MONTHS before you contacted him? Regardless of you being out of country or not, if you got it in the mail and it had shaft play, you should've contacted him IMMEDIATELY. How does he know, and for that matter how do WE know, that you didn't put it on your car and install it wrong, and then 3 months later when it takes a shit on you you decide to try and blame the seller? I'm not saying you did, but it's happened to me. Some douchebag tried to burn me on a set of pistons that were FINE.

Long story short, in my opinion, it's your own goddamn fault. You can't wait 3 months and expect a refund. Stop bitching and consider it a lesson learned.

lair... you bought that turbo in february.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1143947
but alot of people do complain about him shipping late so i dont know how much of a lair you are :) 100% or just 80% ?
JapTendencies
« Re: (tyrone biggums) « » 8:15 PM 4/15/2005 Reply Edit

hope no one bought this. If you did, expect to see your manifold around next christmas. But hey, have fun knowing that you helped fund a nice looking car.

Wow. AND you lied about when you bought it.

Things aren't looking too good for you, bud. There's no discernable reason for confusing 'February' with 'April', ESPECIALLY in a 'Don't buy from...' post.

And on top of that, I don't see anywhere in his post where it said the turbo has no shaft play.

this turbo is in good shape, i got it from jared here on h-t and its a lil laggy for what im doing,

specs are 630* SC-6152E 61mm 2.416" 3.227" 56 3" / 2" 360 Race 0.63 T350 2.920" 2.420

i had it gated at 8 lbs on my gsr and it was retarded fast, just a lil late on the spool for me, got full spool around 5k in 2nd gear with a tiny exhaust leak due to a warped flange on the mani..

im looking for 450 shipped.

Not saying he should've sold it if it did have shaft play, but you misquoted him along with lying about when you bought it.

Shame on j00.

Quoted post[/post]]
Wow. AND you lied about when you bought it.

Things aren't looking too good for you, bud. There's no discernable reason for confusing 'February' with 'April', ESPECIALLY in a 'Don't buy from...' post.

And on top of that, I don't see anywhere in his post where it said the turbo has no shaft play.

this turbo is in good shape, i got it from jared here on h-t and its a lil laggy for what im doing,

specs are 630* SC-6152E 61mm 2.416" 3.227" 56 3" / 2" 360 Race 0.63 T350 2.920" 2.420

i had it gated at 8 lbs on my gsr and it was retarded fast, just a lil late on the spool for me, got full spool around 5k in 2nd gear with a tiny exhaust leak due to a warped flange on the mani..

im looking for 450 shipped.

Not saying he should've sold it if it did have shaft play, but you misquoted him along with lying about when you bought it.

Shame on j00.

This thread sounds like an attempt at rectifying a personal issue. . . . . keep it outta our forum.

i'm torn between hating you....and....feeling sorry for you....i'll pick later...

:ph34r: i was bored at 11 am ... but yeah keep it out of here. Alot of people have been hating him. Look at anyones ebay rating. There is always one or two blemishes, who doesnt mess up?

Quoted post[/post]]
lair... you bought that turbo in february.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1143947
but alot of people do complain about him shipping late so i dont know how much of a lair you are :) 100% or just 80% ?
JapTendencies
« Re: (tyrone biggums) « » 8:15 PM 4/15/2005 Reply Edit

hope no one bought this. If you did, expect to see your manifold around next christmas. But hey, have fun knowing that you helped fund a nice looking car.

I couldn't remember exactly when i bought it so I posted when i got it... which was the end of April... right when finals were about to start so I couldn't take it to get it looked at.. By time finals were over I had to leave and didn't get back till august.
This is nothing personal... don't have anything against the guy cept for the fact that he sold me a crappy turbo. And me not being here and my motor not even being done... it still isn't... means that I didn't use and fuck up the turbo like someone suggested... it's been sitting in the same box I got it in till I took it to get it looked at.
The post didn't say anything about shaft play but he told me it didn't have any when I IM'd him about it and I did contact him about the shaft play when i got it and he said it was minimal and the turbo didn't smoke or anything and then he stopped replying.
Yeah i waited 3 months to get it look at because I wasn't here and yeah I know he probably wouldn't have given me a full refund but atleast some of it back would be nice

i have no personal experience with hotrex but i do know that he is banned from the classified forum on homemadeturbo.com and he is notorius there for his selling habits.

funny thing is, he was made a mod for classified forum and kept himself on the banned list because he knows how shitty he is lol

wes, go fuck yourself. i sold this kid this turbo months and months ago, now hw complains of the turbo being starved for oil?? i know for a fact that never happened. it was owned previously by jared on h-t then i ran it for a short time. it spooled too late on my gsr.

bottom line is, i made a few mistakes, shipping shit late, but noone was ever scammed. i have since grown and am trying to rebuild my rep with quality shit for a good price.

knowing that i ran this turbo and have whitnesses wgho saw it on mycar, i will not honor this bullshit.

as far as me being on the hmt banned list... where am i on that list.

yes i used to be banned and i readily admit it. people make mistakes, people grow , people change.

draw your own assumptions.

i have personaly seen josh's teggy go i was hallin ass up rt6 in bristol with that turbo on it and it seem to be workin fine that time so bump for the kid tryin to fuck josh over
:mrgreen:

it you fault learn how to instal a turbo right

they are called oil lines YOU NEED THEM ON A TURBO!!!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
wes, go fuck yourself. i sold this kid this turbo months and months ago, now hw complains of the turbo being starved for oil?? i know for a fact that never happened. it was owned previously by jared on h-t then i ran it for a short time. it spooled too late on my gsr.

bottom line is, i made a few mistakes, shipping shit late, but noone was ever scammed. i have since grown and am trying to rebuild my rep with quality shit for a good price.

knowing that i ran this turbo and have whitnesses wgho saw it on mycar, i will not honor this bullshit.

as far as me being on the hmt banned list... where am i on that list.

yes i used to be banned and i readily admit it. people make mistakes, people grow , people change.

draw your own assumptions.

Karma is a bitch... you'll get what's coming to you one day and as for you changing blah blah blah... once an asshole always an asshole!!!

wespirl. Ive been in josh's car when he had that turbo and that thing fucking ripped so hard it was unreal. The car never gave off even a puff of smoke when i was in it. i think your full of shit

Back