don't flame me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
how big of a shot of nitrous can you safely use, on a usdm type r motor with just an intake and exhaust. i understand it is high compression and it is an all motor beast, but i'm trying to relate acceptional forced induction (such as nitrous) with high and low compression ratios. so don't flame me, i'm just trying to put it all together.

Originally posted by 97hatch@Feb 19 2004, 06:00 PM
50% of stock hp so 75hp

So on your planet USDM Type R motors only have 150 Horsepower? Gee my b16 beats that.

no it was a refrence but unless he wants to get to technical with fuel tunning and ignition he should stay at 75 but he can be ballsie and run 100 an a 95hp d motor like me. and i have run about 10 bottles and still not a problem. but the day will come i know. but this year im geting a biger fuel pump and a msd digital 6+ and im steping up to 125 :ph34r: :spin:

Originally posted by 97hatch@Feb 19 2004, 06:00 PM
50% of stock hp so 75hp

that is not a good way to look at it , make sure you are tuned properly. Also look into a wetkit or directport

usually up to 50% of stock hp is safe except in your case where youre running around 11:1 cr. i wouldnt run more than a 50 shot and it would be wise to invest in a 2 heat range colder plug and retard the timing about 4-6 degress, of course thats only recommended when using nitrous. :)

Back