Dont flame, newbie with sensitive emotions...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Roughedges

just messin around. I recently got a civic for 400 bucks and plan to make a drag project.
I had a audi s4 that got stolen, taken on a high speed chase, and finally crashed. I have been driving around a grand cherokee for the last 6 months and the bug bit me again with this civic. I was unsure on my plans till yesterday. I got a type r motor and trans for 1500. Heres the link to the post on one of my old audi forums. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.p...30&pagenumber=1

Originally posted by Roughedges@Jan 8 2005, 06:02 PM
just messin around. I recently got a civic for 400 bucks and plan to make a drag project.
I had a audi s4 that got stolen, taken on a high speed chase, and finally crashed. I have been driving around a grand cherokee for the last 6 months and the bug bit me again with this civic. I was unsure on my plans till yesterday. I got a type r motor and trans for 1500. Heres the link to the post on one of my old audi forums. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks

[post=443103]Quoted post[/post]​

heres the link to the pictures of my old car if you guys are interested

http://public.fotki.com/roughedges/my_old_s4_pics/

Does youre $1500 'Type R motor and trans' have D16Y7 stamped on the block? jk...

That cheap for an ARRRRRR swap probably means it's stolen.

Clean car b4 the wreck. :thumbsup:
S4 = teh shit.
Oh nice price on the ITR motor and trans.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 8 2005, 06:10 PM
1500 damn that guy must have used the good sharpie to write b18c on the block
[post=443111]Quoted post[/post]​

my friend is from dubai and his family owns many many many many car dealers and parts shops both here and in dubai. He owns about 6 dennys and a couple other quickmarts. His cost is 1500 from japan. He also has 3 skylines hes bringing here as track cars. Trust me, the engine is legit.

Does your friend need any more friends?

Originally posted by Roughedges+Jan 9 2005, 02:27 AM-->
Originally posted by Speedracer228@Jan 8 2005, 06:42 PM
swanny
@Jan 8 2005, 06:25 PM
[post=443121]Quoted post[/post]​

lol if so sign me up
[post=443130]Quoted post[/post]​

im sure he would sell them to the general for 2k. Let me know if you guys think that price is ok and i will ask him
[post=443161]Quoted post[/post]​

OK? $1500 for an ITR is $3000 less than normal, so yea, I'd say it's "ok".

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 8 2005, 11:51 PM-->
Originally posted by Roughedges@Jan 9 2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Speedracer228@Jan 8 2005, 06:42 PM
swanny
@Jan 8 2005, 06:25 PM
[post=443121]Quoted post[/post]​

lol if so sign me up
[post=443130]Quoted post[/post]​

im sure he would sell them to the general for 2k. Let me know if you guys think that price is ok and i will ask him
[post=443161]Quoted post[/post]​

OK? $1500 for an ITR is $3000 less than normal, so yea, I'd say it's "ok".
[post=443213]Quoted post[/post]​

so let me know if anyone wants one and i will contact my friend. 2k i will ask him

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 9 2005, 05:44 AM
I'll take 10.
[post=443232]Quoted post[/post]​

damn if you take 10....i better get atleast 1

Originally posted by Roughedges@Jan 8 2005, 05:02 PM

[post=443103]Quoted post[/post]​

Nice.

1. Get rid of the eyebrows and paint that sucker flat black.
2. Build up the ITR engine with new sleeves, pistons and rods at an 84mm bore (stock is 81mm). You'll be right at 1933 cc. Throw in the 89mm stroke LS crank and you'll get 1973cc.
3. If you want big power, piece together your own turbo kit. You'll pay about as much as the Rev-Hard, but still make more power and have much better components.
4. Run Hondata. Don't use AEM like the guy on the forum said, and don't worry about Uberdata (PGMFI.org stuff). Uberdata is nice, but Hondata is still the most complete solution out there- plus it's much easier to tune than the AEM system.

You can make 400whp easily on pump gas with the right setup and some good tuning.

:withstupid:

and if you really dont want to piece together your own kit, screw the rev hard, check out www.full-race.com, much better components and i beleive stage one is good up until 400-500hp or so. Also if you want to see what these kits have produced already, check out

http://www.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?t=1270

That dyno is of
Car: 00 Civic SI

Engine: 2.0 sleeved Ls/vtec 9:1 compression, B16a head, gsr cams, Edelbrock IM

Mods: Full race manifold, sc61, custom 3" downpipe, 3" thermal exhaust, spearo front mount intercooler, custom IC piping, 40mm Tial wg, 1000cc injectors, Walboro 255lph HP pump, Hondata (basicaly full race kit with hondata)

Tuning at 15psi: 405 whp on pump gas
that is just one example on that site, ALOT of guys that are making big power on the street are using full race components. Read into that site, and check out the forums, it is completely dedicated to boosting honda's.

add me to the cheap motor buddy club. 2gs is an assum price if thats the case ill sell my gsr and get one of those

Originally posted by PhyRe@Jan 9 2005, 11:57 AM
add me to the cheap motor buddy club. 2gs is an assum price if thats the case ill sell my gsr and get one of those
[post=443329]Quoted post[/post]​

i just found out that the type r motors(jdm) will be selling for around 2300. He is bring back about 15 of them. He is also bringing back some gsr, b20, sr20det, and i think 2 skyline engines. He is coming back from dubai at the end of this month or beginning of next month. I belive these are complete front clips. Hes not sure because of room in the shipping containers

8k for the motor and trans work
1k for the wheels and tires
1k for the suspension, strut bars, rollcage.
1k for the interior, seats, etc
1k for misc crap that i cant say now

i'd budget a bit more for suspension, a bit more for wheels and tires if you want something that will be decent for drag racing.

bah... i need sleep.

You never mentioned what year the civic was. any pics of htat s4 aftermath... I like aftermath!

Back