Dont let freinds drive your car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no

99% of the time just turning the wheel (espically if it is a quick movement) will cause understeer.

the easiest way to get the back out in a fwd car is to slam on the brakes after the car becomes unstable in a corner (what collins friend probably did). even that can cause the understeer tendancy. but with stiffer shocks and a larger rear sway bar it is more likely for this to happen.

I didn't mean a quick movement, I meant that he turned it in a circle, quickly, so I guess, yeah a quick movement, but I meant he moved it quite a bit.

Originally posted by 98integrals@Oct 23 2003, 11:37 AM
why are all the TI peoples cars getting fucked up?

Because it's the cool thing to do and thats just MI TI's luck.

EDIT Update on car. Body shop said it would cost about 600 and since the bumper will already be primered and will eventually get new paint, I am going to pay an extra 50 to get the emblem shaved. My Freind said that he would pay for everything (minus the shaving) so that my insurance would not go up for his dumbass mistake. (All ready checked, my insurance covers it no matter who drives the car)

Edit UPDATE on FREIND. Him and I drove up to the body shop, alot of tention in the air, I dont think a single word was spoken on the way there. Even when I answered the phone, I could here in my own voice my pissed off ness/angry/ almost depressed sounding tone. On the way back, it was the same way until we were almost home, finally we talked about non related things. Yesterday, we were flushing the coolant, by passing the heater core (whats new, 5.0 HC blows) and putting a new thermostat on his mustang that he just picked up on monday (his first car) (kinda a POS, rusted, alot of ghetto riggednes). Well today the gasket sprung a leak so I helped him fix it. Convo is not as much as it normally is but atleast we are still talking and i am not in a "I fucking hate you, you fucking a hole" kind of mood. Still kinda mad but on my way home from school today I thought about what Frankie P said

cars are replacable friends are not.

I am still mad, not really over the car but more towards him, although I do feel a tad better

Glad to be of help, I am not saying you can't be mad, but just vent a little and it will be alright. I am really depressed right now, I haven't seen any of my friends/family in over a month. I haven't really met anybody since moving here, just Calesta. He is usually busy, I have no money, my car is fucked up, my gf family and I are having some problems, I can go on, but I don't want to waste your time. I just miss my friends, so really cherish them man, you will be pissed off at yourself if you lose him, trust me, that doesn't even cover the depression.

I had just bought my 93 Coupe, only had a 1.6 SOHC, but shit, its how I got to work. One of my buddies (so to say) shows up at my work, and begs me to borrow my car. I figure, fuck it, what do I have to lose. If he wrecks it, I get a check. Dosent seem I could be that lucky! He takes it, and I tell him to be back at 5:45, I get off at 6. 6 O'Clock rolls around, and no car, no friend. He calls me from a pay phone, and says my car is acting weird. Thats strange, it ran like a cream puff on the way here. I tell him to just drive it here, he was only a mile away. He pulls up, and there is 4 holes in my engine!! 2 under either side of the header and 2 matching on the rear! Seems he threw a rod right out of the engine! Ive never seen anything like this before, and he swearssssssss he was doing 55 on I595. Bullshit! The girl he was with slipped up bad! Appears he was trying to know it all and drive it better, when he went from redline 3rd gear to second trying to hit 4th! That will sure blow holes in the engine. It sucked, hes a fucking bum, no money to fix it. Id loe more cash trying to sue him for the cost of than it would do any good. So there I sat, no ride home, a car ive had for 2 weeks, and now its a big paper weight! I couldnt have been more mad. The only person that drives my car now is my brother in law, and thats cause he has a hatch to replace anything he breaks! Guess sometimes you have to learn the hard way!

Back