don't walk and text in the mall

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The new insurance fraud scheme to replace the slip and fall scheme

Very true- I can see a lot more of this happening for that reason.

I'm still waiting for someone to top the lawsuit about the woman that spilled hot coffee on herself and sued McDonalds. That's about as dumb as it gets... Or smart... Hmm... :ph34r:

I'm still waiting for someone to top the lawsuit about the woman that spilled hot coffee on herself and sued McDonalds. That's about as dumb as it gets... Or smart... Hmm... :ph34r:

That's a unique instance. If you research it, you will see that specific mcdonalds had been cited/fined for having coffee far exceeding the safe temperature for beverages. That was their bad.

what makes it worse, is that she stated that she was a mall employee.
she fucking walked that mall everyday.
she fucking KNEW where the fountain was.

hell, i go to out mall maybe 1 time a month, we dont have any fountains, but i could walk that damn thing with my eyes shut.
not like the thing just popped out of nowhere.

stupid bitch.

hell, i go to out mall maybe 1 time a month, we dont have any fountains, but i could walk that damn thing with my eyes shut.
not like the thing just popped out of nowhere.

stupid bitch.

:werd: Though, one of our malls has a water fountain/waterfall...and it's(water fountain) almost floor level.

LOL get a load of this. Stupid bitch wants to sue someone because she is stupid.

Cathy Cruz Marrero, woman seen in YouTube video falling into mall water fountain, facing charges

A woman who tripped and fell into a mall water fountain is crying foul and looking for someone to sue.

But those plans may have to wait, since she's also facing felony charges for theft by deception and receiving stolen property.

Cathy Cruz Marrero became a YouTube sensation last week when surveillance video of her falling at the Berkshire Mall in Wyomissing, Pa., hit the Internet. Since then, the chuckle-worthy clip has been shown on television, and shared by hundreds through Facebook and Twitter.

The 49-year-old took to the media this week to let everyone know how embarrassed she was, even though only a handful people even knew it was her before she appeared on TV.

"I wanted to roll up and stay home in bed for days," Marrero told 69 News in Pennsylvania.

At the beginning of the video, believed to be captured off a monitor by a cellphone, the woman can be seen texting away.

"I was actually texting a friend of mine from my church," Marrero told ABC's "Good Morning America." "I just said, 'Let me text her back, text her back quickly.' "

As she sends her message, the Reading resident walks directly into the knee-high wall around the fountain and falls over it into the water. A moment later, she's back on her feet and soaking wet, while unidentified voices can be heard laughing in the background.

"I was like, 'I'm hoping nobody saw me. So let me just walk away,' " she said.

"Unfortunately, I didn't have anything to grab onto and hold my balance," said Marrero, who appeared on "GMA" alongside her lawyer. "Nobody [from the mall] called to see if I was okay."

Her attorney, James Polyak, said a lawsuit could be in the works.

"We're at the very early stage of our investigation," he said, "but we certainly plan to hold any and all people responsible" over release of video online.

According to WFMZ 69 News, the guard who allegedly released the video was fired by the private firm in charge of the mall's security.

Marrero did admit, however, that she understands why people were laughing.

"I admit, it was funny," she said, before choking back tears. "But nobody took my feelings into consideration."

Despite these efforts, Marrero still must answer for her alleged criminal charges. According to WFMZ 69 News, she worked at Zales Jewelers at the Fairgrounds Square Mall in Muhlenberg Township in in early 2007.

Police said Marrero allegedly used the credit account of a women she knows to buy more than $4,000 worth of purchases, then another $1,000 of the same person's credit at Target.

Although she vowed to pay the money back between August 2007 and September 2009, court documents say she did not. The felony charges were filed in October 2009.

Neither Marrero nor her attorney would comment about her legal troubles to WFMZ 69 News.

That's a unique instance. If you research it, you will see that specific mcdonalds had been cited/fined for having coffee far exceeding the safe temperature for beverages. That was their bad.

Really.... no I never heard that part of it. Thanks for clarifying! ;)

I bet the people laughing at her saw her get back up and start walking away fast, why would anyone ask if she is ok. I would assume she is ok by walking away fast. If she could walk away fast she, she is in good enough shape to ask for help if she needed it. It would be one thing is she fell, and she didn't get back up.

I saw a lawyer on tv on a q&a kind of thing saying that he could be held in lawyer malpractice if he did not sue and hold everyone who could be responsible, responsible. He is the guy who advertises on Springer and other day time tv, I think he chases ambulances.

:werd:

fucking WAH!!! i was a dumbass and now im embarrassed so i want to sue people

no one came to her aid because unless someone happened to have a towel handy there was no fucking aid to be offered... stupid cunt fell into water... other than being wet she was fine... fine enough to get right up and walk off... she wasnt hurt... she wasnt drowning... the only thing that anyone could have done was to stand there point and laugh at her stupid ass

that stupid bitch and her piece of shit ambulance chaser shyster fuck bag lawyer should both be euthanized
Well said.

Speaking of texting while doing other stuff, while I was at Whiteface last weekend a dude flew by me talking on his phone. About a hundred feet down the hill, he wiped out and took out two people. He hopped up and boarded away without a word, let alone checking to see if the people were OK.

what a dumb fucking bitch. if i knew i had a case pending i wouldn't go on tv. hahaha you're so fucking stupid. my life will get better when she dies.

Its not like anyone could tell who it was over the security cam. Stupid that the guard got fired. He didnt even reveal her identity - she revealed it like a dumb cunt.

i say light the bitch on fire then set her loose in the mall.... but dont let her fall into the fountain because she might get her feelings hurt

i was expecting a y0 dawg post. lol

we put a vision in your vision so you can vis while you vis
more like:

Y0 dawg! We put video in your text so you can see while you see!

Also, one of the custodians asked her if she was ok.

With this some of my neighbors might actually care what their dog is doing while they text.

Is texting that second so damn important? If you are going to text back and forth constantly why do you just call each other. I text for quick stuff but fuck texting back and forth all day.

I know with some people, theyre already on the phone all day for work, so theyd rather text back and forth than talk more.

Back