Doom III for Xbox

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Holy shit, this game sucks.

5 multiplayer maps, 4 player max multiplayer, single player that involves switching betweeen a flashlight and firing in the dark.

Halo 2 is the gretest console FPS ever made. It will be until Halo 3 comes out. Don't waste your time. I bought Doom III Wednesday, shit has already been returned.

PC FPS >>>>>>>>> console FPS

That's all there is to it... Halo is good because it was designed for a console- Doom / Quake never was.

Doom3 sucked on the PC, why would it be any better on the XBox? Stick with Halo.
BTW, I'm up for a game sometime. Send me a party invite when you're going to do a Team Slayer game.

No way- Doom3 is damn good on the PC when you have the right hardware to play it smoothly. :) It is a "different" kind of FPS compared to everything else that's selling well on the market today though.

Yea, Doom 3 is bad ass on PC, haven't tried it on Xbox, don't have a reason to.

Halo 2 + HL2 > all others

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 9 2005, 09:37 AM
No way- Doom3 is damn good on the PC when you have the right hardware to play it smoothly. :) It is a "different" kind of FPS compared to everything else that's selling well on the market today though.
[post=485110]Quoted post[/post]​

I disagree. Sure, graphics were good, but not optimized at all. I played it with everything turned up and it was ok on my computer (3200+, 1gb 3200 ram, ati 9600xt 256mb vid), but it was horrible on others.
The game was extremely linear and the AI was subpar (mostly scripted or duck and hide strategies). HL2 and Farcry on the other hand, blow it away.

Originally posted by Prowler+Apr 10 2005, 06:54 AM-->
@Apr 9 2005, 09:37 AM
[post=485110]Quoted post[/post]​

I disagree. Sure, graphics were good, but not optimized at all. I played it with everything turned up and it was ok on my computer (3200+, 1gb 3200 ram, ati 9600xt 256mb vid), but it was horrible on others.
The game was extremely linear and the AI was subpar (mostly scripted or duck and hide strategies). HL2 and Farcry on the other hand, blow it away.
[post=485255]Quoted post[/post]​

Looks beautiful on my comp. And you should play it on Nightmare, that way you don't have time to think about the AI :)

But linear, yes, it was, but hell, it's a FPS, RPG=nonlinear.

Originally posted by Prowler+Apr 9 2005, 11:54 PM-->
[post=485255]Quoted post[/post]​
92b16vx
@Apr 10 2005, 05:24 AM
Looks beautiful on my comp. And you should play it on Nightmare, that way you don't have time to think about the AI :)
But linear, yes, it was, but hell, it's a FPS, RPG=nonlinear.
[post=485293]Quoted post[/post]​

Like I said, Doom3 was a "different" kind of FPS game. It's simple on purpose because the makers were trying to get the feel of the old Doom games- but that's also one of its biggest faults.

Back