Door Jam welding?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dacto

What do you guys recommend? Im not very knowledgeable on welding but i can take it to a weld shop, any "type" of welding recommended?

It's a 93 del sol, where should i get the replacement metal piece? i checked the local pull-a-part and they dont have any del sols.

Im in Tacoma, Wa, if anyone knows of a quality shop nearby

-It looks like the previous owner tried to fix it before..but didnt do a good job, Used thinner metal and the welding was pretty crappy.
ss852951.png

good luck.... you are gonna have to find a yard that will cut that section out for you? to be done the right way will cost a good bit

ss852951-1.png

cut there and weld in a new plate. I would try to tig weld it. If you dont have access to tig then mig will do good as well.

Make sure you align the screw holes when you drill them so your door closes.

ok, tig welding - im going to meet up with a guy that does commercial welding tomorrow and will see if they can fix it up for me, will update

i would cut it out alot bigger than that, by the looks of it whomever welded it the first time did a poor jo so i would be willing to bet its pretty rusted around that "plate". i would avise cutting all that old junk out of there to prevent future problems

Back