Door Popper Kit install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

agarboy

Hey Guys
I have a 2000 Civic Ex. This is my first honda and I have never really worked on cars before. I want to install door popper kit and have a few questions about that.
1. What kit should I get? Where should I get the parts from? Any good sources on the web?
2. I am looking to spend 300-400 bucks on it at most. Is this enough ?
3. I want to install it myself.. again since I am a newbie, I want to make sure this is not a overwhelming project for me(I plan to work alone). I am not looking to do a shaved door handle install, just a door popper
4. Are there any install instructions that I can go by?

Thanks for the help

i have no clue about this man.but i do know its a perty easy install, but why do you want them if you have door handles

i have no clue about this man.but i do know its a perty easy install, but why do you want them if you have door handles

I was wondering the same thing...isn't the point of door poppers so you can remove the handles and still be able to open the door?

Uh. Why would you leave the handles? Door poppers are for when you shave the handles.

I'm pretty sure your door handles won't work after you setup the door for poppers.

Door Pooper Kit

I guess I dont even know that the door handles would stop working after the popper kit install. In texas, shaved door handles are "illegal" as per a thread in another forum, so I will have to drop this project and move on.
Thanks for the help

Its a waste of money. But for stuff like door poppers check out minitrucker sites.

blaa blaa blaa ,you ppl need to not smoke the crack b4 replying , and its ovious you've never spent hours inside door panels either , im in houston tx and its the HANDLES that can not be removed , thats illegal cause when a piggy is trying to yank your fat @$$ outta the car after a high speed car chase its just another minor ticket that you will be looking at , and yes you can install these kits AND have door handles in fact thats so easy you should beat your head into the wall a few times for thinking that you cant have both , dude these systems are so ridonkulously easy to set up its the wiring that takes forever and becomes a b*tch if you want to use an alarm cause then you gotta wire the alram in and make sure thats all kosher , so if you have an alarm you need the booklets that came with it and for onces your gonna have to read some instructions before just doing it , and the kits are 100-150 on ebay and a few other comercial sites , pm me if your intrested and ill show you where im getting mine , and even though i no longer have my civic may the red barron rest in car heaven peace , im installing this kit on my new 07 f150 in a week or two , and im de activating the tumblers so the next dirty basterd who decided to stick a screw driver in the lock can turn it all they want , its not gonna open the doors , yet i do recommned that you invest and install the extra switch / hidden button in case you forget you keys or the battery runs out on your remote , hide it good or else you just made getting into your car mighty easy for a theif , if you want to know more email me and ill tell you how easy and freaking sweet these systems are , morgan_spydergt _at_ y@hoo_

Back