door to pillar seatbelt swap tomorrow!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yupp..
last year I woke up and BAM! we gots snow in california..

You guys are lucky. I wish it didnt snow here. Tons of snow and salt here all the time. just eating away at the cars.

here is one of the pillars=)
l_b10db40e4d6a4f52902cb69a834b7f17.jpg

I wanna see it done!!

ok so sorry that but I had to help by brother pull the engine/trans in his 94 trans am today and didn't get to do the finishing work, but YOU just gave me the motivation to get it done and make some posts =). All I have to do it cut holes in the B pillar panel and the carpet and get it together.:rolleyes:

break for a cigarette. all I have to do is put the rear seat in!!! finish coming soon

ROOR time=)...... uploading pictures....... still uploading pictures...... so I got theml in. all I have to do is get new door panels and pull the old belts out to make it complete. guess I better start calling junk yards... Well enough with the talk here are some pictures.
l_a9bd18e2d44b40cbbfdb238bab2a7e08.jpg

wtf is with the green spot^?????
l_0945eb8a00fb4ad6a40e778bb6e98346.jpg

l_1380396a7e084f58a38859468365311e.jpg

Door is not all the way closed^^
l_de3db055040e4c999e500a8f0b7ca57d.jpg

l_873294d0f5be4c64a0ee6b01a1fcd760.jpg

just because:
l_0a04335f111a4ab5ab293051ae659e5c.jpg

my si rear seats^^
l_f16e8ab1363f4902814eda7aea6f7788.jpg

if any one has seen my speakers on the audio thread... here are my speakers cleaned up a bit.

thats it for now. I think I will wait to post a whole write up of the process until I can get the door panels in, so it will be complete when it goes up. Unless you guys get impatient and want me to post one with what I have done.

I like my nice new clean carpet=). I am thinking about using some vinyl and plastic paint on the interior to get rid of all the scuff marks on the plastics such.

I almost forgot this one=)
l_7c808e7807564c52b40f7edc2fe6a485.jpg

Last edited:
hell yea..
that shit looks good...
are the new door panels still gonna have the mount holes for the seatbelts??

are the new door panels still gonna have the mount holes for the seatbelts??

No I am going to get some 88/89 door panels that are for the pillar mounted belts, I have the passenger side from my parts car but the driver side is fubar. Also to make the door look right I have to weld some sort of cover for were the upper mount bolts are. Shouldn't be hard though just find some sheet steal and cut it to fit. unless I can find a pair of doors for cheap from somewhere......

Its going to be a busy week, don't know when I will be able to get them out but I will post some pics when it gets done one night this week.

Ok I will take some more pics if I get home before the sun goes down this week otherwise I will do it this weekend. Thanks for the support guys! Its one of those things that keep ya working!

Very nice job there man. How hard was that to do would you say, how many hours and such of work?

That's going to probably be one of the things on the to-do list of my EF as soon as the purchase is finalized.

Put up some pics when you get the old ones out of there :)

It took a couple of days. It is a decent amount of work. I wish I had a tungsten carbide bit for my dremel and my dads arc welder. I just had a Lincoln mig and the grinding stones that come with the dremel. I am planning on finishing it up on on Thursday. I have been kinda busy this last week, not that I am complaining but I got a job doing 10-14 hr days so my Honda time has taken a serious hit.

Back