doors not locking with remote on 94 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rondogg779

i have a 94 civic and i just installed the alarm and keyless entry.i wired everything up by the book but itsd not lovking the doors.it will unlock them and it will set the alarm but it just wont lock the doors.im not sure if it is becase of the drivers door lock(you know how hondas drivers door wont lock unless its shut)or something else.any suggestions please let me know thanks in advance

The issue you describe with the driver's door is purely mechanical and will not effect anything as long as the door is shut or the handle is pulled. You probably connected to the wrong wire. Did you verify it with a multimeter? Also check your connection. Are you using those shitty T-taps? Do you have shitty crimpers?

If you're lazy and uneducated (lol) then you can safely verify the wire this way... get an inline fuse holder and put a 7.5A or 1A fuse in it. I guess a 3 is okay if that's all you have, but the lower the better. Then connect one end to the "lock" wire and tap the other to the bare metal of your car's chassis. You are manually sending a negative pulse down the wire just like your alarm does when you use the remote. If the power door lock locks, then you have the right wire and it's probably your connection. If the fuse blows, you have the wrong wire and you should tape it up and stop messing with it. Also, this could mean you've jacked up your alarm internally. I've found that DEI brand alarms will handle this abuse while crappy alarms (even Compustars) will just take a shit.

You haven't told us the type of alarm or anything useful. Does the alarm have a direct 2 wire negative output for the door locks or does it have a relay pack? Does your door switch still work properly locking the doors?

Last edited:
okay the alarm is a cheap k-9 two way.i have connected and re-connected the door lock and there really no going wrong with it.i have the correct diagram and have tried a couple different variations and still nothing.(one time i wired it backwards and when i hit unlock it actually locked them).but the locks are working fine other than on the remote.so i guess i womt buy cheap shit anymore thanks

Back