Douche bag mf'r of a car saleman...this is bullshit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You wouldn't have to wear a seatbelt if it was anything like the times I've test driven cars. You don't expect to be doing 80+, dodging oncoming vehicles, and going airborne. If I was the son, I wouldn't have let that douchebag touch the steering wheel after the comment about getting the car to "go sideways", I would have looked at him like he was an idiot and kept driving like a normal person.

I honestly hope that dealerships everywhere learn from this. Even though the potential employee SWEARS that driving record was "stupid mistakes", that turning a blind eye, can lead to someone dying by the hands of a jackass that should have never been in control of that car.

I hope the son gets every penny out of that dealership and the salesmen himself, and the salesmen rots in jail. No death penalty, just life without the possibility of parole.

Putting your seatbelt on should be the first thing you do after sitting, and closing the door, even before turning the key.

I'm captain "put it on once i get going" myself, but i never drive more than a couple hundred feet without it on.

Putting your seatbelt on should be the first thing you do after sitting, and closing the door, even before turning the key.

I'm captain "put it on once i get going" myself, but i never drive more than a couple hundred feet without it on.

i normally put it on last thing before i actually move the car.

i usually end up putting it on as i start rolling.

never go without it though, and anybody thats in my car doesnt go without it either. for their safety and because in tn, i can be ticketed for them not wearing one.

i try to wear mine
the taurus has got a dinger that will drive me insane if i dont wear the seat belt
i hate it, but i love it at the same time cause i know its saving my life

few weekends back i got the ill bruise from seat belt from the night out drifiting my truck in the ice and snow
i would say it saved me from eating the winshield/steering wheel or even being ejected
lets just say i had to go digging in the woods to find my shovels, broom and gas can from the back of my truck

i usually end up putting it on as i start rolling.

never go without it though, and anybody thats in my car doesnt go without it either. for their safety and because in tn, i can be ticketed for them not wearing one.

That's how it is in MS too. Granted it's only $25 per person not wearing one, it's still worth more than that knowing that if we did have a wreck we are more likely to survive it. I know several people that would have died had they been wearing their seatbelt, but that doesn't stop me from wearing mine all the time. Plus the Mazda will drive you crazy if it's not on. People around here piss me off all the time- it's nothing to be driving somewhere and see a small child sitting in their parents lap in the front seat or jumping around. People think that if they hold their kid that they can catch them if there is an accident. I read an article that says "during a 30-mph crash event, a 150-pound woman with a child on her lap in the driver's seat could potentially pin the child to the steering wheel with 4,000 pounds of force&amp" and "High G loads are common even at low speeds, which explains why child safety seats are so vital. For example, the dummies in the federally mandated 30 mph crash test routinely register 40 to 50 Gs. Even though a restrained passenger would probably survive the collision, a 10-pound baby would weigh 400 to 500 pounds. Could someone be expected to hold onto a baby in such a crash? The answer is no." Read that a few years ago- and that was the last time my daughter rode in my lap for the 1/4 mile on a country road-trip to my mom's house. It's scary.

Last edited:
Could you imagine the woman weighing 170-180 and squishing that kid onto the wheel? Eek! :shocked:
Btw are you saying 150 is too much??? ;)

No offense to you Chris, but I love it when people say "If had my seatbelt on, I'd be dead, blah, blah, blah."

Okay, one isolated incident in which a crazy turn of events led you to escape unscathed in an accident.

However in 99.999999% of accidents, I'd rather have to worry about unbuckling my seatbelt them going through the front window at 40mph, or having a 3000lb vehicle roll over me. My father is a firefighter and teaches auto extrication. He's seen hundreds if not thousands of MVAs and almost 100% of the time someone doesn't wear a belt in a high speed collision - its a fatal.

It's your own choice to wear a belt, but all it takes is some geriatric to T-bone you when you least expect it, knock your cranium against the B-pillar - and then you'll be taking a van to work for the rest of your life.

i fully support a law making full roll cages, race seats, and helmets mandatory in cars.

just sayin'

yeah, you're all for cages and shit like that til your car catches fire and you have to get out in a hurry. lol.
im good with what i have.

i dont need any more laws passed stating what i have to do to drive. i already have enough weight in extra steel, airbags, restraint systems to kill my fuel economy. fuck off with even more.

No offense to you Chris, but I love it when people say "If had my seatbelt on, I'd be dead, blah, blah, blah."

Okay, one isolated incident in which a crazy turn of events led you to escape unscathed in an accident.

However in 99.999999% of accidents, I'd rather have to worry about unbuckling my seatbelt them going through the front window at 40mph, or having a 3000lb vehicle roll over me. My father is a firefighter and teaches auto extrication. He's seen hundreds if not thousands of MVAs and almost 100% of the time someone doesn't wear a belt in a high speed collision - its a fatal.

It's your own choice to wear a belt, but all it takes is some geriatric to T-bone you when you least expect it, knock your cranium against the B-pillar - and then you'll be taking a van to work for the rest of your life.

and i do not disagree with you, in fact i agree with you 100% . but this is me, and you know how skeptical i can be sometimes. i will continue to wear it at my leisure (not mandated by some bullshit politicians law), and continue to force my passengers to wear theirs so i do not incur any fines by state law. :)

Back