Douche bag mf'r of a car saleman...this is bullshit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my brother ended up sitting on the hood of a jeep pickup truck way back when they didn't have all these crazy laws
and he didn't get there the easy way
he was in someone's lap

The main point here is that- seatbelt or no seatbelt- if it's your time to go, then it's your time to go... :shrug2:
Seatbelts can cause harm just as easily as they prevent it. Kinda like airbags. I hate airbags, and it sucks to get hit by one, but I think it sucks more to have your face bounce off the steering wheel- I have experienced both and I'll take the airbag.

mu aunt got in a low speed crash with a tree and got 2 cataracts? from the impact of the airbag and lost her sight
she's been for 3 or 4 surgeries already and they are still trying to fix her eyes

yeah, fuck air bags. i disabled mine in my civics/del sol.

a proper harness/cage system would make the need for air bags null and void..

I just can't fathom that's its actually ILLEGAL to drive with a helmet on in a car in some states.

That said, my crew have done it. trips to vermont, E, wildbill, and myself all had our helments on for the majority of the 'spirited' ride up. They've also been known to be worn in the NW corner when we're doing some backroad bombs.

Heightened driving awareness, less background/wind noise, and if anything goes wrong, having the helmet on will certainly help prevent any head injuries.

and the looks you get from others when they see you bombing around in a car with a helmet on is priceless

me and neonmike went flying past 2 cops one day in my del sol with the top off and helmets on... probly doing about 80ish in a 35... and still accelerating... both cops looked as we flew by... then just went back to what they were doing :lmao:

I just can't fathom that's its actually ILLEGAL to drive with a helmet on in a car in some states.
yea i dunno if its illegal here
but i have definitely done it
the looks are priceless, but gotta have a car that can back it up a little bit
if you're in a neon doing 10mph below the speed limit people are going to think you're high on some PVC
yes, thats intentional

I have no idea why no one agrees with me when I say this.

From my experience in PA, NO ONE in the state can drive properly.

I agree with both of you. I used to commute through Pittsburgh every morning...MORNING...like RUSH hour. And all these dumb cocksuckers are doing 50 on the highway like they have no where better to be.

i fully support a law making full roll cages, race seats, and helmets mandatory in cars.

just sayin'

I fully support a law making a 12" steel spike installed in the center of the steering wheel and pointed directly at your chest mandatory in all cars.

People wouldn't be so fucking careless then would they...

yeah, fuck air bags. i disabled mine in my civics/del sol.

a proper harness/cage system would make the need for air bags null and void..

That said, my crew have done it. trips to vermont, E, wildbill, and myself all had our helments on for the majority of the 'spirited' ride up. They've also been known to be worn in the NW corner when we're doing some backroad bombs.

Heightened driving awareness, less background/wind noise, and if anything goes wrong, having the helmet on will certainly help prevent any head injuries.
So basically, the savior of the American auto retailers should be: Don't try to make NASCAR based off real stock cars; make real stock cars based on NASCAR's.

Did I just blow your mind? ^_^

Yeah, but helmets are so uncomfortable. :(

lol, so the alternative to not wearing a helmet is more comfortable? Let us not forget how soft skin is.

Attachments

• 20100530-DSC_0442.jpg
    20100530-DSC_0442.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 92
well, yeah, that won't fly.

Clearly but the point is there would be fewer accidents if there were more at stake. With cages, harnesses, and helmets, people would feel less compelled to actually drive safely.

Occupant injuries would decrease because of the safety gear but there would be a new rash of pedestrians getting mowed down by Chrysler Town n Countrys in a full slide...

there would be fewer accidents only because people would be too terrified to go above 10mph.

no thanks. i already get stuck behind a bunch of slow assholes as it is.

there would be fewer accidents only because people would be too terrified to go above 10mph.

no thanks. i already get stuck behind a bunch of slow assholes as it is.

OK I get it but that's not the point.

Considering that the majority of human behaviors can be tied to incentives and disincentives, the "safety equipment" is a disincentive to drive "safely", whereas the "spike" creates an incentive to drive "safely".

Imagine if we all only rode motorcycles with no helmets or leathers? How many people would die in accidents on the road then?

In any user system you have deviants. People who are too stupid or reckless will always create dangerous situations.

Back