Dow Crashes--- What does this mean for you?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
Uh Oh

My grandpa lost I guess a gigantic amount today with fall.

Chinese stocks slumped 9 percent Tuesday - the worst one-day selloff in a decade - on concerns that the government would interfere to cool the speculation that drove the Shanghai market up nearly 130 percent last year. (Full story).

the trigger

for me? This means it's a good time to buy haha
:werd:

well, i'd prob wait another day cause it was still dropping till the end of the day i believe

well actually allot of my 401K is in develpoing asian economies. If China did well today so did I :)

Umm. Opposite. It's like if they cough in china we get sars and 10,000 people die.

I have treasury bills galore so this is good news for me I guess. The treasury bill went up as sellers pulled out and bought Tbills to keep taxes on the DL.

ouch, I haven't had time to look at it but I assumed the Chinese sell off was profit driven and hurt the US economy

What does it mean? MicroSH!T software failed again... lol

Working for an educational institution, the market is completely isolated from me and my personal wages. Like you said, that means it's now time to play in the markets.

Not bad.

I'm wondering what Tbills went up by..... I have some serious bonds for my first house kicking around I've purchased/gifted since I was like 5.

you didn't 'lose' anything, unless you sold today.

stocks are worthless until you buy them or sell them. in the midterm, they are a piece of paper that says you own it. nothing more.

Back